Finaliy! Bright interior lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finaliy! Bright interior lights

Just discovered that the domelights from the chevy silverado fit the slot where the check panel usually goes. A little bit of soldering, and you get 3 more lights when the doors open and maplights that are actually aimed in the right place. Wiring is easy, too: you can just tap into the wires running to the factory dome lights and run the wire under the headliner.
    Pics:

Project M42 Turbo

Good idea. But what years of Silverados did this come in?

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I just discovered that they came in a variety of vehicles. There is one for sale here on ebay. From the auction: 1988-1991 LIGHT DUTY C TRUCK CONV CAB 4X2
      1992-1996 LIGHT DUTY C TRUCK CONV CAB 4X2
      1997-2002 LIGHT DUTY G VAN FULL SIZE
      1988-1991 LIGHT DUTY K TRUCK CONV CAB 4X4
      1992-1996 LIGHT DUTY K TRUCK CONV CAB 4X4
      1992-2002 MEDIUM DUTY KODIAK - TOPKICK
      2003-2004 MEDIUM DUTY MODEL C4500/C5500

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Not a bad mod, but I don't like the look of them. They look out of place, like they came out of something else (which they did). But props for the work.

Comment

That's pretty cool.
          -Dave
          2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Nice work!
            sigpic

Comment

Thats pretty cool. I have the 12 led light panels in each of my overhead lights and one in each of the trunk lights ( I added a second mod ). I will post up some pictures next week when I get back in town to take them. But this is what I bought and one kit pictured actually is enough to do two lights if you get the 24 led kits.

Comment

Now if you could have this and the OBC then woah.

Comment

FYI, he didn't take out the OBC, it still remains next to the radio. However, the check panel isn't there anymore which is probably what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                    Look at all the pretty colors...
                    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I kept thinking of something like this, so i went to the junk yard and got me a map light set from an older 7 series. It fits perfect,still looks like a BMW, but could not give up the check pannel. I rather know what is going on with the car then having light inside.

Now i just have the rear view with map lights. it does the work.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words! My car is a 318is, so it actually doesn't have the check panel, just the blank with a airbag light in it. That's why I didn't feel too bad about getting rid of it. If I ever want to go back to it, though, the old plug is still up there (I didn't tap into it for ground or anything) and the lights pop out the same way that the factory panels do.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                        X