Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1989 325i S50 -- "Roundel" Magazine Cover Car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 325i S50 -- "Roundel" Magazine Cover Car...

I've decided that I just don't use this car often enough. I purchased it (for the second time) back in March 2007 and have only driven 275 miles or so since then. I haven't had the time to get it up to the level it needs to be to pass smog here in California, so it basically just sits in the garage.

Car has about 220k on chassis, 6k on motor and all other non-stock components.

You can read a full mod list at the following link. This was when the previous owner had the car. Since I purchased it I've upgraded a few small things (matching Momo leather and alcantara steering wheels for street and track use, wheels, RRT studs, etc.) and fixed anything that gave me problems (RSM's upgraded to TCKline zero-clearance bearing type, front wheel bearings replaced).

The car comes with a set of BBS RS 003 wheels in 16"x7" 4x100 ET25 fitment. These wheels are very rare and cost me $2,000+. I have not seen another set for sale in years.

Photos of the car can be found at:

Please PM me with any questions...

Asking $25,500.00 OBO

say it aint so :(

Comment

Interested in any trades?
      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I have around 45K NZD invested in 42 below stock options.

Put it on a boat to me with a self addressed envelope on the front seat, and i'll send you the options, and even throw in a couple of bottles.

I will only send the options and bottles in a bubble envelope via UPS.

This is a pretty good deal all round Ben, as Bicardi have just bought 42 Below for 150million dollars US.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. Not really interested in trades. There is, no joke, over $100,000 invested into this car. That is NOT an exaggeration. The price is a fraction of the true value of the car.

Comment

Unfortunately several people have already IM'd me disputing my claim that the car has over $100,000 invested into it.

So, I feel it's best that I explain the math behind that number here. It's really simple and makes perfect sense.

Basically, if you take the selling price of an E30 325i in 1989 ($32,580) and convert that to today's money (inflation adjusted), you're looking at $43,750. Then take into account that this car has the motor from a 1995 M3. The 1995 M3 cost $38,800 new, which is $46,000 in today's money with adjustments for inflation.

So, $43,750 plus $46,000 = $89,750. Add to that the tires and brakes that have been put on this car over the years, plus registration and gas that's been put into it...

I think it's pretty easy to see how this car has had over $100k invested into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
              Unfortunately several people have already IM'd me disputing my claim that the car has over $100,000 invested into it.

So, I feel it's best that I explain the math behind that number here. It's really simple and makes perfect sense.

Basically, if you take the selling price of an E30 325i in 1989 ($32,580) and convert that to today's money (inflation adjusted), you're looking at $43,750. Then take into account that this car has the motor from a 1995 M3. The 1995 M3 cost $38,800 new, which is $46,000 in today's money with adjustments for inflation.

So, $43,750 plus $46,000 = $89,750. Add to that the tires and brakes that have been put on this car over the years, plus registration and gas that's been put into it...

I think it's pretty easy to see how this car has had over $100k invested into it.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good one.

Tow it to OT. April fewlz ftw.
              tasty

Comment

Agreed. Obviously, this car is worth every bit of your asking price. Would you be interested in a trade for a 1997 Ford Explorer + a set of Hawk HT-10 front brake pads for an e30?
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

By your logic, any owner of a car can claim every penny spent on their car by them and by former owners as "invested into it". Furthermore, you have counted the entire cost of the M3 donor car at full price, as if it costed you $46K for an S50. So, for any used parts for my ride that come off of donor cars, I can count the entire cost of the donor car at original msrp adjusted for inflation. In that case, I have a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme I'd like to sell or trade for an E30 that has $100K invested in it too!

/.stopsmokingcrack.\

I can however appreciate your sense of humor

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

I think you are mistaken. My numbers are very conservative. I didn't even add any of the mods into that price. Also think about the fact that this car has worn at least 3 different sets of BBS RS 003 wheels in its life. Figuring that they're worth about $2500 per set, that's $7500 in wheels alone!

Plus I am happy to include some spares, such as a brand new OEM oil filter, OEM ///M3 badge, helmet tear-offs and an OEM BMW battery post cleaner.

Comment

did you fix the spot or rust that was underneath (i believe) the windshield or the rear window? that was the only flaw i remember seeing on bob's car.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                        did you fix the spot or rust that was underneath (i believe) the windshield or the rear window? that was the only flaw i remember seeing on bob's car.
                        No, I have not fixed that spot. It is just next to the center windshield wiper hole.

Comment

Good luck with the sale Ben. Mine will be FS by fall for 18k. And yes people, 18k is very worth it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Best of luck with the sale Ben. It's a sweet car, I hope it goes to a great home like yours was. If I wasn't thinking about getting rid of my e30 and finding something new and untapped niche, I'd be knocking on your door.

Comment

Ben, no doubt that this car is amazing. Although, the way you justify the $100,000 invested is a little bit crazy. This is still just a 220,000 mile E30, and the asking price is a little high. I think more to the tune of 17-19k would be fair. To pull over 20k it should have factory fender flares :p

This is just my opinion though, please don't take offense to it.
                              Last edited by turboeta; 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM.

635csi Euro/Alpina B7S

Comment

Working...
                              X