custom silicone intake boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom silicone intake boot?

I need a boot to fit the oddly-shaped M42 throttle body, because I'm assuming rubber doesn't hold up to bost that well (7.5 psi, and maybe eventually 10 psi). Any tips on where to get one?

Project M42 Turbo

i had the same question for todd @ dynotech when i saw this on his car:

his response:

i like where this is going. what size elbow/reducer did you use to go from the charge pipe to the funky-shaped TB?
    2.5"(charge pipe) - 3.5"(TB)
    that what you were looking for?
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I would just use a different TB altogether, maybe from an M50.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

siliconeintakes.com

Comment

Thanks dk, that's exactly what I was looking for. Nando, if I could find a single-butterfly throttle that fit with no modification, I would probably go that route. I've never heard of something that bolts on like that though. And surebimmer, siliconeintakes.com ftw :)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Samco also makes an itake elbow for the M42. Pricey though.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

yeah, I saw the samco one but was turned off by the price. the universal deal will work fine for me, and I've already eliminated or rerouted everything that hooks up to that boot, so it's not really a big deal.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

My rubber boot just wore a hole for the second time in its life (5 years is pretty good I think this time around lol)..
                I was looking at this

Sooo, basically this should work right? What about the hole in the bottom of the factory boot that connects to the ICV? Has anyone used one of these silicone boots and made it work somehow? If so, what did you use, and does it work? I have a few ideas, but I don't know if they would last....
                Project e30 m3 starts now..... :D

Comment

Working...
                X