Modern Day Miracles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Day Miracles

Hey guys doing a topic at my church tonight , I'm the youth pastor, on modern day miracles. I'd appreciate any stories or articles you have come across that could show God working in someone's life. If you don't care or don't believe in God, please don't crap on this thread, I'm just looking for some inspiration.

The miracle of that little girl from the south who couldn't take her girlfriend to prom, then the whole town loathed/hated her. Then God made things better for her, and put her on the Wanda Sykes show, the Early show, and the Ellen show. Now she is a Grand Marshall for the NYC Pride Parade.

That is a miracle.

(WE could call anything a miracle, dependent on how it's looked at, Are you one of those people that thinks God does not do "Gay Miracles"?)

Comment

God doesn't make gays. :rofl:
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The Hoover Dam.

Under budget, ahead of schedule, and profitable.
        -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
        Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

The age of miracles is over because people are a lot more rational then they were 2000 years ago. Sorry bud, any miracle now is a mere coincidence.

Comment

How about the miracle of people actually believing it is OK to put money in a collection plate? The miracle of believing in something so strongly that they are willing to kill others because they don't think the same? How about the miracle that the christian church is worth more than Microsoft, and yet they still don't pay taxes?

You show me 1 good reason for churches to exist and I will show you Jimmy Swaggert.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

its a miracle i'm still alive after all the shit i did when i was young
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It's a miracle I'm not in jail after I found out that girl was 13.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

It's a miracle that people believe in Zombie Saviours.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by M5W View Post
                    If you don't care or don't believe in God, please don't crap on this thread, I'm just looking for some inspiration.
                    I don't care and I don't believe in any of the gods. But your request makes me perplex...
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Its a miracle your car is still on those fucking jack stands.

I think you need to move them to the right location...which is right by the subframe.
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I like this one:

Butch and Eddie O’Hare: The War Hero Whose Father Was a Partner With Gangster Al Capone–Truth!   Summary of eRumor: Butch O’Hare, the war hero after whom Chicago’s O’Hare airport is named, was the son of mob lawyer Eddie O’Hare.  The email tells the story of Butch O’Hare’s bravery as well as a...

Someone shared it at church a couple months ago. (They read the bottom part in blue) If you're decent at stringing stuff together, you can find a hook to pull it into your talk.
                        Slicktop City!

Comment

@OP - Here's a good one on wich you can elaborate. You may even share your personal experience.

"It's a miracle that hundreds of priests can get away with sodomizing young boys and be covered by the church, transplanted from parish to parish."
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post

I think you need to move them to the right location...which is right by the subframe.

Looks like the jack stands are on the frame rails... which is perfectly fine. Plus it's the only way to support the car to remove the rear subframe.
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post

LOL it's been off jackstands for months, its back on em now, but for good reason. And they were under the rear frame rails, so i wasnt worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X