R3VLimited Forums  

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Track & AutoX

Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
garretvs
E30 Addict

E30-LS1 KITS now available!

LS1 powered E30 Track Car anyone?

Due to demands we are offering a limited number of the welded parts for the LS1 (corvette) engine swap. I know everyone in the Track and AutoX section is interested in weight, so I'll preface this by saying that our car only gained 80 lbs due to the aluminum block of the LS1. Much of that weight is more centered because of the larger 6 speed T56 transmission. Our LS1 is stock except for headers, intake and exhaust and we guess it makes upwards of 350hp and similar torque. This engine is very popular due to its light weight, relatively cheap cost, durability, and modification potential of high horsepower.

Finished Engine Bay

Link to the build thread
http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=94451

Link to info on Build Guide CD
http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=154624

Quick vid from last winter...I'll make another one soon

We thought you would all be happy to know that kits are now available! The prototype LS1 swap kit is now complete and we are taking orders for the first production run of 10 kits! The kit costs $1200 and includes:

Engine Mounts

Transmission Mount

Brake Booster Linkage System

note: hydroboost not included, just linkage system

Second Differential Mount

installation

Radiator Mount

Swap Guide CD – 200 page PDF of every step, picture and part that we used to build our E30-LS1

We ARE willing though hesitant to sell individual parts. Here is the price breakdown if you would like to order only certain bits from the kit

Engine Mounts : $400
Transmission Mount: $300
Booster Linkage System: $350
Second Differential Mount: $250
Swap Guide CD: $100

To get your E30-LS1 kit email me right away at E30LS1@gmail.com to put in your order. I will email you and let you know if you are one of the first ten orders. Some slots are already filled via the reservation list on r3vlimited.com. Don’t worry if you’re not in this first group because you can be in on the second set of parts we get from the lasercutter. For those who respond for the first set of kits, upon receipt of my confirmation of your order, send $1200 to E30LS1@gmail.com via PayPal. These first orders should ship by approximately August 20th.

Booster Linkage system

Engine Mounts

Stress analysis on engine mounts

Due to the cost that it's going to be for us to do this, I have started a list for the initial run of 10 of people who are committed. Please note that I AM willing to mix and match parts.

Legal Information: All parts are sold “as is,” with no warrantees and all sales are final. Parts are designed and fabricated according to our design in our copyrighted Swap Guide CD, which we built and installed in our BMW E30. There has been no manufacturers “testing” or other measurement of these parts. Your use and installation of these parts according to our CD guide in no way guarantees the successful completion or workability of your vehicle. We can not and do not guarantee that what we did to our car will work for you. You agree that your consideration of these terms, decision to order a kit or parts, and PayPal payment constitutes our negotiations and your acceptance of our terms.

1) FreedS4 (engine/tranny mounts)
2) mutty (booster system)
3) BeirBrennerE30 (booster system and diff mount)
4) bimmerfreak87
5) tyBeck
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)

Cheers
-Garret
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

garretvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
e30polak
R3V Elite

GOD MODE!!!

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
e30s50dan
E30 Fanatic

YES...sweet kit,not a bad price for all the engineering

1988 e30M3 ///M
2001 325CI track car

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
e30s50dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
Massive Lee
R3V OG

Pretty impressive. And considering that only a limited number of kits will be produced, the prie is dirt cheap as al the work and research is spread out on a small number of kits. Congratulation for the work. I wish you success in this venture.

Just asking, do you have access to CNC folding? I am asking as a few parts could be made faster, without needing jigs, and therefore avoid any error when welding

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Massive Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
garretvs
E30 Addict

Yes, the parts we have bends in are bent on a CNC press brake. Nice and accurate. Note that we have re-designed the parts to be largely laser cut, as opposed to the original design in our car -- the CAD solid models above are from our installation, and the pics above of the parts are the laser cut items. We are also using square tubing for the engine mounts.
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
Bimmerman325i
R3V OG

dammit! give me a year or two and I'd be all over this. Till then, awesome work, best of luck with it!
Bimmerman325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
madjurgen
E30 Fanatic

You already have this in like 5 other subforums. Stop whoring your shit out, youre not a forum vendor. And for the love of god, stop posting that stupid Vonmises plot that doesnt accurately represent your subpar welding

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.
madjurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
garretvs
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjurgen View Post
You already have this in like 5 other subforums. Stop whoring your shit out, youre not a forum vendor. And for the love of god, stop posting that stupid Vonmises plot that doesnt accurately represent your subpar welding
Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Sorry that this is taking quite a bit of my own capital not to mention time to do, largely for the benefit of the community, so I would like to have solid orders. As far as subpar welding, that is quite amusing and I would love to see your beautiful godlike welds. Thanks for contributing positively to the e30 community.
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
garretvs
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjurgen View Post
Actually, the stress plot represents the stress & deflection in the plate and tubes under 3g vertical and horizontal loads; has nothing to do with the welds. BTW, learn how to punctuate. *** Steve ***
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
Lurker27
Mod Crazy

What's up with the second diff mount? Why is that needed?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
reelop19
Banned

Very nice. Just curious, can a/c be adapted?
reelop19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
sharky
R3VLimited

Hmm supercharge the S52 lump in the car now or just buy a lsx and this kit and do something silly. Gotta say after driving a 09 ls6 vette the other week these engines and trannys are fantastic.
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
garretvs
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
What's up with the second diff mount? Why is that needed?
The second diff mount is an option. We feel that the torque that the LS1 puts out can "twist" the standard diff mount -- & perhaps fatigue the sheet-metal mount that picks up the (4) diff mounting bolts. It's probably helpful for track guys also in keeping the rear end hooked-up.
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
garretvs
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelop19 View Post
Very nice. Just curious, can a/c be adapted?
Our car has everything working: cruise control, A/C etc. We use the GM compressor and hoses we made ourselves. Everything else in the A/C is stock BMW E30. Our "building the E30-LS1" CD details how to make hoses, etc.
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com

Old 07-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
garretvs
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Hmm supercharge the S52 lump in the car now or just buy a lsx and this kit and do something silly. Gotta say after driving a 09 ls6 vette the other week these engines and trannys are fantastic.
Hmmm ....... Magnuson supercharger for the LS engines ..... Hmm ...... LSA engine from the CTS-V ........ Hmm ..... just need a little bump in the hood and a place for the intercooler radiator ...... HeeHeeHee
E30LS1@gmail.com
e30ls1.com