Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the true cost of healthcare reform there for you to see yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the true cost of healthcare reform there for you to see yet?

I came into work this morning to see our annual enrollment options have been given to us for next year.

Still going through everything to see exactly what the cost is, however, at first glance it does seem to be NOTICEABLE more expensive.

I'll report back after I've had some time to parse the information a bit better.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Alright, so I got a chance to read through the 15 pages or so of junk they sent us.

They only financial example they gave us was for "Employee + Family" coverage, I'm only "Employee + 1" for the wife so I had to ask one of the engineers what he is paying for coverage.

To keep his same coverage (ignoring increasing deductibles and such), his annual contribution for his families Health Insurance is going from $3600 to $4800, or $100 per month.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

1200 is a lot of money. That will go up even more I'm sure. I'm looking forward to the repeal of this and for the republicans to vote to let healthcare be sold across state lines and to do away with frivilous malpractice suits

Comment

How many people are in his family? Most of the total savings is over the long haul. Until exchanges are working, the short term costs are likely to increase slightly.

I keep hearing that "coloniscopies" are free preventative care. I haven't had time to research details, but a colonoscopy is definitely not a screening test. I think they mean sigmoidoscopy.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
          1200 is a lot of money. That will go up even more I'm sure. I'm looking forward to the repeal of this and for the republicans to vote to let healthcare be sold across state lines and to do away with frivilous malpractice suits
          The malpractice issue won't really save much money in the long run. It's more of a hinderance/annoyance to care providers than anything. From a time-efficiency standpoint, it's definitely bothersome.

As long as there are minimal standards in place, coupled with a purchase/sales double-mandate, there's no reason not to sell across state-lines. There are multiple European countries (with universal coverage) that have a plethora of private (NO government run plans) insurance companies that provide coverage across the entire nation.

Comment

KenC, I think he has 3 kids, but at our work they don't specify. If you have a wife and 1+ kid (so 1 or 7) it's all considered "Employee + Family"

Either way, the point is that it is a 33% increase of his portion of his families healthcare costs.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              Either way, the point is that it is a 33% increase of his portion of his families healthcare costs.
              That is because he works for a living. If you are successful expect to get punished, gotta be a slack ass loser to get the goodies.

Comment

Thats exactly right because why does spreading the wealth hurt the economy? Answer: it destroys the sector of the economy that brings in the dough.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJockey View Post
                  That is because he works for a living. If you are successful expect to get punished, gotta be a slack ass loser to get the goodies.
                  Where is the Facebook like button? lol
                  89 325i (Sold)
                  95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                  2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJockey View Post
                    Comment of the year?
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

This is what happens when politicians try controlling a sector of the economy/industry with legislation they don't understand, let alone read.

You either have to completely control it or let more competition enter the market. The Health care companies don't know what's going to happen in 2014 so part of the costs are just to make money asap while they can.

If anyone thinks they are going to add other members of a family without increased costs (kids and people with preexisting conditions), you're insane. No business can give out free services and stay in business.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                        where is the facebook like button? Lol
                        +1

Comment

I'm just curious where are all the people defending Healthcare reform as a cost saver?

lolz

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

They always said there would be initial increases for some; mine hasn't and won't increase. The savings was calculated over a decade.

They're taking too long to roll everything out.

Was the bill perfect? No. Will the minor overhaul eventually lead to savings, while helping 30mil receive coverage? Yes.

The biggest issue is the structure of our system... or non-system.

(Buddy, Darin is bringing that book with him to the kart event this weekend. Super jealous; sounds like a blast!)

Comment

Mine went up 8%

:(
                              Tri color fabric for sale here!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Working...
                              X