Buying an M-tech II - Question about pinstripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying an M-tech II - Question about pinstripe

Hey guys, I've put a deposit on an M-tech II (not appearance), waiting for the owner to smog and register before I pick it up. I noticed that the pinstripe has a slanted M on the quarter panel end. It appears to be under the clear coat. The owner said it is the original paint job. Can anyone confirm this?

cant confirm but can I buy the bra minus the hood part? :)
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
      cant confirm but can I buy the bra minus the hood part? :)
      LOL are you serious? I don't like bras...if you really want it, when I get the car I will PM you :)

Comment

Yeah I could use the bra.

I'm not sure about the pinstrip. might check out e30ic.com too for other things to look for.
        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm not sure about the pinstrip. might check out e30ic.com too for other things to look for.

You got it, thanks for the info

Comment

lol you've got man boobs!

Comment

Bras are so ugly on cars, I don't understand them unless it's for a trip.

Comment

They are good for covering up broken front bumpers :)
                Tri color fabric for sale here!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Negative. They did not come like that. The original owner probably got it done thru the dealership. Are you sure it's under the clear? if it is then someone probably cleared over it because most pinstriping can be buffed off the car.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

i have never seen a pin stripe on any mtech2 cars
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

And...on all E30s, solid colors (meaning NOT metallic) are single stage...no clear coat.

If it has clear, it is not original.

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Sorry for noticing, but there is no pinstripe on that car.

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
                        sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

i see a pinstripe
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

It's higher than usual and probably has 3 M colored stripes along with the "///M" on the rear quarter panels. I've seen this type of pin striping on a white M3 before. I didn't care very much for it either but it was common in the late 80's early 90's.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...you can actually see the silver M on the rear quarter panel, at the top right corner of the gas tank. That is where the pinstrip is. It's a double stripe. I am supposed to pick up the car on Thursday. It has the Evo interior, automatic with leather e-brake. The door sills also say M-Technic. But one thing that throws me off is he said the year is 1990. I though they only made these in 1991. BTW, the guy doesn't know what he has. I'm buying the car for $3,000.00. Everything works including the automatic top. Only thing it needs is a new cloth top and window :D. 115K miles, clean title and drives well. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X