85 325e introduction and start of my build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 325e introduction and start of my build thread

So my name is Ian, I'm 20 go to school at community college as a art major and i have a passion/addiction for cars. Pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe anything automotive.I have been on here for a year and searching and browsing around. I wanted to introduce myself finally and be able to start a little thread.
    This isn't my first car that I have built going to be the third.
    I started of with a Alfa Romeo Milano- mainly due to my stepdad owning a Alfa shop in orange.
    checkout the link if you guys like pictures are toward the end.

Second project was a sr20 swapped 89 hatch 240sx.
    Anyways on to the bmw. I bought it last year from a member on here. It needs some work for sure.
    When I bought it it had 256xxx miles but odometer stopped working. It had sportmax's and some cheap "racing seats" along with the wonderful flat black treatment where everything got painted.... I paid 1,500 for it.
    Some details as of the way the car is now. Previous owner had replaced shocks with kyb's and installed eibach lowering springs,timing belt and few thing here and there. Most of the things that I have done have been cosmetic due to the fact I have nowhere to do any mechanical work as of right now. Granted it's not the cleanest e30.
    • I got the hood from dave blunts drift car along with a bunch of other parts,stainless steel brake lines,z3 short shifter,4.10 lsd
    • euro smileys
    • style 5's powered coated teal
    • the bride seats I got for free they were blue had them recovered
    • performance trim carbon door cards cause my door cards were trashed and missing the pull handle and side compartments
    • eyelids which I got for free
    • Ireland engineering strut brace
    • front plastic bumper swap, haven't put in fogs yet waiting to clean them up first,and cut the factory tow hooks to fit the brake ducting. Still need to install the rear bumper just haven't had a day yet to do it.
    • past weekend installed crack free dash from junkyard for 16.50$

Things waiting to be done to the car
    • picked up a 2.7i motor from Matt(mr325is) along with the complete exhaust
    • going to install e36 getrag when do the swap from a friends old car.
    • need to get coil overs just trying to determine which system i want to run.
    • Also need to replace most of the suspension bushings, along with bushings for the diff and sub-frame, along with motor mounts and trans mounts when I do the swap.
    • Also paint/ possibly looking into vinyl, have a good amount of experience with it. Have three colors in mind just going to render it first, when I have free time.Thinking the factory calypso burgundy, or a light gray, or beige of the Toyota f.j. cruiser,

comments and feedback welcome I'm not offended at all. Running on a college students part time budget. Just have a addiction with the cars.on to some picks
    the before -

transporting my new bumper swap hard to see but the roof rack is pretty much holding the bumpers on the roof.

new wheels I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for the color but they will match eventually.

new dash in my shed of car parts galore.

dash being swapped

yes needs to go way lower!!!

New dash in need to finish the rest after I figure out how I messed up my cluster lighting and tail light problem.
    and one more for fun of the Alfa

Enjoy, comments welcome.
    Also if any one can help with some parts that would be greatly appreciated.
    Still need 88 engine harness for swap, e36 325is drive shaft, clutch and flywheel set up, late model cluster,air flow meter and intake for i head.
    sigpic-Thanks warren

looks like fun, i like the alfa romeos too!

Comment

do you have spacers on the car? Those style 5's look way out.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

dude, ive seen you before weve talked on socale30.
        seen your E30 around a bunch, but i also remember that alfa romeo of yours. i used to see it all the time by my buddys screen printing shop next to Unique, the fabrication/etc shop. i remember the license plate very well. did you sell it? or still have it? always thought it looked awesome.

oh and my name is Ian, too.

Comment

Thanks guys! Ya the Alfa has been fun. It's just sitting as of now because well I have a 1.8lt turbo being built that will be pretty balls to the wall for it.
          The style 5 do have spacers on them 8 mm cause they rubbed so bad up front I could barely drive with the spacers so I had to grind the caliper bracket down as well.
          More update to come soon.
          sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Ohh ya regards to unique I use to work there.
            sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Wow that hood has done some WORK in the past;) Welcome to the forum and nice milano!
              www.esmwheels.com
              www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
              Toll Free: 800.729.5450
              Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

I like the Alfa very much! More pictures please. :)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by widebodye30 View Post
                  Wow that hood has done some WORK in the past;) Welcome to the forum and nice milano!
                  Yes indeed it has i also have the trunk to go along with it.
                  I actually was wondering though if you guys know of a way to mount the hood to the stock hinge system? Or if you had a similar hood that will mount up?
                  Thanks! I don't know if you remember but I called a little while back wanting to get a set of fenders made for this,let me know if there is a possibly it being able to get one done? ;) if not I truly understand just need to keep searching for people who can do some fiberglass molding.:ot:Sorry
                  sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Pm Me;) or call the shop.
                      www.esmwheels.com
                      www.dtmfiberwerkz.com
                      Toll Free: 800.729.5450
                      Local: 818.341.9903

Comment

cool, my buddy had the shop right across from unique and next to mex performance, The Merch Store. we used to do some concerts with local metal bands in there, im sure youve seen. everyone at unique was always cool to us, helping weld shit occasionally etc.
                        those turquoise style 5's actually look pretty cool, and i love that alfa...

Comment

The Alfa is really cool! I kinda like the wheel color too.

Comment

So for a quick update. Only if I had taken more pictures along the way.
                            The new motor is sitting in it's new home! I'm so glad I got the old one out, it was pretty much done. Anyways got everything all hooked up and plugged in the wire harnes spliced into the the fuse box. Plus had to get a injector plug because the harnes I got from a friends car had been cut and hooked up by trailer brake light plugs.
                            Now comes the fun part I was all stoked put in fluids and connected the battery, it was time to hear her run, or so I thought!
                            Went to crank it over and nothing just a single click from the starter. I need to go through it. If any one has any input that would be great. I need to get it running seeing as the Alfa is out of commission right now and I have been borrowing the gf's car.
                            sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Nice color on the style 5s. I really like it.

And l love ur Alfa SO MUCH. :D

Hope to see u at the Dockweiler Meet in December?

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                              X