Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpina Vent Gauge incoming-need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina Vent Gauge incoming-need some help!!

I've finally sourced my white unicorn of the E30 parts. The problem is that their is no wiring harness-only the gauge and controller with connector. Is there anyone out there that can make a connector? Any idea on part numbers of the sensors needed? Does this use regular VDO sensors? Info on this unit is not too easy to come across. I've found the following diagram.

I've translated the following:
    Pin 12: Oil Temp Sensor
    Pin 11: Final drive oil temp sensor
    Pin 10: Oil Pressure Sensor
    Pin 1 and 4, Power
    Pin 5: Ignition Plus ?
    Pin 15: Lighting
    The circle is the manifold pressure tube

Can I use existing sensors (Oil Temp)? What sensor is needed for final drive oil temp? Is there a spot for that sensor or does it need to be tapped? Does the manifold pressure tube just run to the manifold or is there a sensor? Unit powers up with just the power activated so it works, but no harness or sensors.

Ill pay for anyone able to help with the plug creation. Wiring is not my specialty and with this stuff NLA, dont want to ofry controller :)

Here is a pic of the unit:

Thanks for the help with this project!!

can't help sorry but uber jealous
    sigpic

Comment

wanna sell it :rofl:?

Comment

woa ive never seen something like this before

good luck and post pics when youre finished

Comment

Numbers 1,4,13 and 14 are not power, they are ground. And #5 is power coming from the ignition to turn it on (switched power).

No idea what to do about a connector though.

Comment

i must say this is probably one of the most rare e30 items.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

thats ghetto, you dont need it, sell it to me!
              harry/harout

Comment

Try sending StereoInstaller1 a PM. He is quite good with electronics (stereo systems mostly). I know that he has been helpful to myself and many others. Otherwise, good luck.

Comment

Contact John the owner of S14power.com. he made a repo of this and can probably help you with a wire harness. He is not cheap...
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Thanks! I'll shoot off a few pm tonight.

Comment

contact

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      Contact John the owner of S14power.com. he made a repo of this and can probably help you with a wire harness. He is not cheap...
                      Eric,
                      Do you have the John's contact over there? Forums are closed for registration.
                      thanks!

Comment

Power

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                        Numbers 1,4,13 and 14 are not power, they are ground. And #5 is power coming from the ignition to turn it on (switched power).

No idea what to do about a connector though.
                        Thanks for clearing up the power. That would be very bad to cross the ground and live power :)

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on the part numbers of the needed sender units?

Comment

first of all I hate you right now, second, please send this to george graves to have him duplicate it somehow and third sorry no help.

Comment

I am gonna bet the stock E30M3 (S14) sensor is fine for oil temp...hell, I bet most any VDO sending unit ever made is alright for oil pressure or temperature. It only makes sense for a manufacturer to remain consistent with their sensor values.

hinterachsgetriebe means "differential" so I am assuming that would be diffy temp. Do you know if this holy grail of instrumentation has diffy temp? I can't recall ever seeing the diffy on an E30 (M3 or not) have enough harness, I assume it would have to be added.

The thing has no need for memory power, thus switched ignition (I would use IGN2 myself, no sense having this on while cranking), illumination and ground are all that is needed.

If you tied that to power windows, you are golden.

Are VDO sensors hard to find? All I am seeing is oil temp and oil pressure and diffy temp, and of course the manifold pressure...but it has a MAP in it obviously.

I would not hesitate to wire that thing in.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X