Help - Stolen e30 318is in So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Stolen e30 318is in So Cal

Hey guys, I'm not an active poster on this board, but I've been using this site as inspiration for the build of my '91 318is. I've purchased quite a few things in the for sale forums from member and am asking for a little help now.

Last night at the Glendale Galleria, my car was stolen between 7pm and 8pm on the 4th floor of the parking structure by what used to be the old Mervyns. In the trunk, were my work laptops, my passport, clothes from my most recent trip, my camera, my ipod...etc. The list is endless really. I was stopping to pick up a few things before heading out to the airport again to head to china for business. Needless to say, without a passport I'm not going anywhere...

Anyway, I filed a police report with the Glendale PD but wanted to know if you guys could keep a look out for parts that might be floating up on here, eBay, or Craigslist.

Here are the specs on the car.
    • White 1991 BMW 318i with about 177,500 miles
    • Tan interior with Recaro sport seats
    • Ground Control Coilvers with
    • ESM-002 Wheels, Gunmetal Centers with polished lip, 16x7 Front and 16x9.5 Rear, the passenger rear wheel has some small curb rash on it.
    • Nardi Torino Steering Wheel
    • Nakamichi CD-400 Head Unit
    • Momo Shift Knob
    • Mtech1 wing

If you guys see it around, please call the police or drop me an email at thehapakid at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

What the fuck. Its an E30 crime spree. Sorry OP, nice looking car.

Comment

It sucks to hear this. Sadly I'm on thebother coast I will keep a look out on the parts, specially that coilover kit.
      Best of luck

Comment

Not cool

sorry to hear man...

try posting @ m42club.com

if not a member let me know, i will post something up for you.

Will be keeping an eye out in the L.A. area

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Sorry to see this happened. That really sucks. I'm pretty close to Glendale and I'll be keeping an eye out. Good luck.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Wasn't this car for sale over the summer?Could have been someone who looked at it.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Thanks guys for keeping a look out. I haven't heard anything back from the Glendale PD just yet and probably won't until Monday at the earliest unless it turns up sooner.

@thebutcher - no, i am not a member at the m42 club. thanks for the help!
              @boomer -no this car wasn't for sale earlier.

Comment

dang sucks. I wonder how they stole it?. Ive seen people steal hondas like drive it away but othercars ive just seen broken into. I hope you do catch them. Karma is a bitch

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear that, I'm here in LA area, and I could spot an e30 from a mile away, pisses me off, if i see anything ever they're going to take a blow to the face with my SnapOn breaker bar
                  '88 325i cabbie royal blau
                  '91 325i cabbie calypso rot
                  '92 318i cabbie laguna green
                  ~I like all my b!tches topless ;-)~

Comment

OMG! i'm so so sry to hear this, this is like my worst nightmear and i could only imagine how you feel. Even though i'm so far east i still keep my eyes out. I pray you find it and your belongings...

Meeehn forget it, Jst make sure those mutherfckers are DEAD!!! when u get em. I'm so fuckin mad

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. You should ask the place if any surveillance cameras were up.
                      KingB

Comment

Fuck! real sorry to hear this OP

I will keep an eye out for you, I will now gonna have to worry about my shit box getting stolen too..............
                        Last edited by IRON-E; 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Ouch.
                          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

You can get a emergency passport replacement in 24 hours in most large cities.

Good luck friend.

I hate a fuvking thief!!
                            sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments, however there hasn't been any progress so far. Since its a weekend, almost everywhere is closed and I won't be able to do much until Monday.

Thanks guys for helping out. I still have no idea how they stole the car, there wasn't any glass on the ground, the car was locked and the steering wheel was locked as well. I don't get how they had so much time to work on it, but it I guess it's not surprising in a mall parking lot, and without any surveillance, I'm sure its all gone by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X