Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325iC : 5spd / Alpinweiß II / Natur Tan / Blue Top

1989 325iC / Manual / Natur Tan Leather / Blue Top / Heated Seats

Purchased from third of fourth owner 10/10 with 148,400 miles as seen below.

First was to tear apart the interior and detail. It was clean to begin.

Driver's / Before / After

Passenger's / Before / After

Seats show age but not abuse. Only needs driver's side left bottom bolster repaired. Top of rear seat isn't even aged or torn.

Exterior detailed using Poorboy's World Products. Clayed for hours. I plan to wetsand it for a perfectly smooth finish, ridding it of the swirling entirely.

Exterior bits will be upgraded, restored, rejuvenated as I can.

This is a less obtrusive plate holder from an older BMW made to fit.

Modifications began with the interior. Typically these mods are the least expensive. After just putting down the money to buy, register and insure it was best to start here. Looking to keep it OEM+.

Creative Option Boots, Cassette Console:

MTech-I Wheel recovered from a local junk yard. It was redyed, re-badged and cleaned up very well. Not much of an upgrade in feel. It could be thicker. More handsome though. Added a leather e-brake handle.

Last edited by CabrioPunk; 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM.

Engine parts, new fogs and other bits ordered from Blunt.

E36 window and breaker switches found today in the junk yard.

Comment

The dyed trunk carpet looks very nice, I'll definitely have to do that.

Your seats are in shockingly good condition for original. Seems like it's rare to find a car where the PO conditions/maintains the leather at all.

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Good work. Coming along nicely.
        Whats the plan for the wheels?
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

You said you had those OZ wheels in need of repair. That fits the bill nicely. I like to restore things. Let me know a price.

Please let me know what ya think guys. I like eyebrows but may not do that. Going for a classy look. Would like yo polish all my lights crystal clear. Need to get the products for that. No lamin x.

Comment

No eyebrows. Euro grills look much classier than eyebrows. Good progress!
            M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
              The dyed trunk carpet looks very nice, I'll definitely have to do that.

Your seats are in shockingly good condition for original. Seems like it's rare to find a car where the PO conditions/maintains the leather at all.

Thank you. Two cans of duplicolor did the trunk nicely. I had to go heavier trying to hide the paint spill. It goes much more nicely as a flat black than the grey felt look.

The leather responded well to cleaning. I started off with leather that was simply dirty and in need of refreshing rather than sun bleached and cracked.

Comment

hey mate quick question i cant get my seats to slide that far forward to get the rear bolts out how did you do it
                cheers

Comment

^Sorry. I just pushed forward as far as I could and sneak a socket in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X