E30 rear seat delete panel build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 rear seat delete panel build

Today I started making the rear seat delete panels for my E30. For the panels themselves, I'm using Masonite, which will then be covered with subwoofer carpet (in probably black, or grey if I can find a match to my carpet).

I started by making cardboard templates for the floor and back:

Then once I was satisfied with them, I transferred them over to the Masonite and cut them out:

Rear panel in the car, need to get another sheet of Masonite before I can do the floor, I fucked the first one up: :D

What did you use to cut the Masonite?

Comment

Something that was unwieldy .
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Interested in your plans here.

One of these perhaps? :)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          What did you use to cut the Masonite?
          A Dremel, why?

Comment

Just trying to figure out what made the somewhat uneven cut along the bottom edge. Dremel would do it. :up:

Not that it matters at all since it will be covered in carpet, just curious.

Comment

Just trying to figure out what made the somewhat uneven cut along the bottom edge. Dremel would do it. :up:

Not that it matters at all since it will be covered in carpet, just curious.
              Exactly. I really didn't feel like schlepping it over to your house and back 12 times to make adjustments.

Comment

Should have just borrowed our jigsaw.

Comment

I will when I do the bottom. I have to get more masonite, but I really don't want to buy another 4' x 8' sheet, when I only need a piece 24" x 52".

Comment

Looks good I made a few of these several years ago for track cars with ABS sheet and OEM matching carpet.
                    Kevin
                    Last edited by Tricked 323i; 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM.

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                    Your DIY upholstery source
                    e30tech forum sponsor
                    E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                    kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Just curious why you're deleting the rear seat?
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
                        Luke,
                        Looks good I made a few of these several years ago for track cars with ABS sheet and OEM matching carpet.
                        Kevin
                        Willing to make another one for me? Any pics?
                        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                          Just curious why you're deleting the rear seat?
                          A couple of reasons. I got rid of all my tan leather interior, leaving me with no rear seat. Then I had the stock MkII GTI Recaros, and the rear seat to match, but I didn't like the way the MkII seat looked in the back. So I got rid of the grey Recaros, and picked up a new set, which I'm going to have reupholstered in black fabric.

I want to find an M3 rear seat that needs to be recovered, so I can have it done to match. Until then, I'll have no rear seat, and this will look a lot better than just bare metal and wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                            I will when I do the bottom. I have to get more masonite, but I really don't want to buy another 4' x 8' sheet, when I only need a piece 24" x 52".
                            It's not like a 4x8 sheet is very expensive. It's what, like $10?

Comment

It's not like a 4x8 sheet is very expensive. It's what, like $10?
                              Oh I know, the only thing is then I'll be left with almost a full sheet of it, and it will just be waste, I don't need it for anything else.

I'll check the Re-Store tomorrow and see if they have any small pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X