Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS- 1986 325es, NY/MD

Update: SOLD!!!

Up for grabs is my charming little 325es. I bought this car from an elderly gentleman in MD (homestate) almost exactly a year ago on Thanksgiving break. That fellow kept all the receipts for maintenance he had done, plus that of the now P-PO. The engine is in great shape I just changed the oil and filter, and recently shimmed the valves. The transmission is doing well also, but it may need a clutch soon. I bought the car with brand new all-seasons, which I immediately switched to winters that were on for most of the year; so the all seasons have ~70% tread. Bottlecap 14"s in decent shape. The carpet was a mess back then, so there is none. The sound deadening is also all scraped out (I've done us racecar enthusaists a favor here), so no need to spend time on stripping it yourself for track duty.

The exhaust rotted out soon after I got the car, so I welded on a used OEM pipe (with cat converter).

Also, I replaced the rear shocks with OEM Monroe shocks.

The car has an ebay chip that came with it (no rev limit), but I also have the stock one and they both work great for respective duties.

I'd be willing to part this if I had enough interest.

$900 OBO.

I was curious about the Vehicle History Report, so I bought one. And even though it was $30, I'll include it free of charge.

Pics HERE
    Last edited by doublea; 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM.

What exactly is wrong with the car n ac heat operable? Im in ny

Comment

interested, will pm you later tonight. Mileage?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by renegadeforce View Post
        What exactly is wrong with the car n ac heat operable? Im in ny
        Power steering leaks a bit, and it may need a clutch soon. Mechanically, that's all that is wrong. Heat works, AC needs a recharge (or retrofit)

I bought the car with 159xxx miles, and the odo turned over a few miles when I drove it home, but then stopped. I'd estimate that I've put about 8-10k on in the last year, maybe less.

Comment

bump?
          why do you say it needs a clutch?

Comment

can you get some closer pics of the damage to the front part of the driver door? Whats the rust condition on the car?
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by renegadeforce View Post
              bump?
              why do you say it needs a clutch?
              It slips every now and then, but I still use it as a commuter and since I mainly drive long highway drives, I'm not too hard on it. Plus, through the pedal it feels like it doesn't have as much travel as a full clutch usually does...

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
              can you get some closer pics of the damage to the front part of the driver door? Whats the rust condition on the car?
              I'll see if I can get some close-ups tomorrow...
              Surface rust-wise, there's a bit on the rear right tail light pocket, and a pin hole in the floor pan. There's also one that is about the size of a quarter behind the FL fender.

Comment

that doesnt sound so bad, especially for $1100!
                AWD > RWD

Comment

still have the car?

Comment

Still available, guys

Comment

BTW: $1000 if it's gone by Thanksgiving

Comment

Where in Rochester r u looking in...I'm really interested in the car....my brother lives there I'm willing to travel for pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by 91M42 View Post
                          Where in Rochester r u looking in...I'm really interested in the car....my brother lives there I'm willing to travel for pickup...
                          See update at the top of the first post: in MD now, don't see that changing for a while...

Comment

Sent a PM... I'm not local, but am in the local area at the moment, and would like to see the car.

Comment

Sorry about the delay, anyone who has PM'ed or tried to contact me since Monday. I admit it wasn't a great time to drop a line saying "$1000 if gone by Thanksgiving" and then move across the country, but I've been in transit to Los Angeles for a new job, and am just now put up in Texas for the night with some intertubes..

Comment

Working...
                              X