Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Bimmerfest 2012 Thread/ SD I-5 Caravan (May 19, 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL Bimmerfest 2012 Thread/ SD I-5 Caravan (May 19, 2012)

Feel free to discuss the event in this thread. I will post important info and what not in the main post.

Important Info:

TO CLEAR UP CONFUSION AND HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA:

In an attempt to make everyone happy I have apparently pissed some people off. Here's the deal. This will be a multi series caravan and not e30 only! We will be taking the I-5 and picking up those from the Spectrum Center and Tustin marketplace when we reach OC. Times are listed below on when we estimate to be passing a location. Be at these locations at least 30 minutes to an hour early or you may miss the SD caravan. I will have the lead drivers listed by Friday from these locations.

----

The meet is on May 19, 2012. There is the usual $20 admission or $10 walk in fee. As of now the main caravan will leave at 6:00am from UTC and pick up people on the way up. The drive is roughly a 2 and a 1/2 hour drive north. People may join us along the way and that is expected. The e30 part of the caravan from R3V and SoCALe30 will be going to their own area within the lot once we get to the Rose Bowl. Be sure to follow the lead cars posted below! I'll be at the UTC Caravan Spot in the Morning. If you would like to be a lead car and help coordinate people at the locations, please post below and I can add you to the lead car / driver list. All Lead Cars / Drivers should exchange numbers so Caravan's can be coordinated efficently.

Radio Channel:

Channel 5 will be used during the caravan for general talking / directions. Please listen to the lead caravan drivers.

To-do list for the caravan:

1) DO NOT GET IN THE VEHICLE UNTIL YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM. <-------- Especially applies to the lead car driver and passenger(s)
    2) Make sure everyone KNOWS or has a copy of the route that is being taken in case of accidental separation. That way they can catch up to the caravan if needed because they know which way you're headed.
    3) Bring Walkie Talkies to keep in contact with everyone in the Caravan. Trust me, it's more enjoyable that way, especially spotting out the ricers. Good times.
    4) Use the inner 2 lanes. We don't want to block people in a hurry nor get cut off by people merging onto the freeway.
    5) Keep your distance, keep your eyes on the road, and be courteous to other people driving on the road. No need for Road Rage.
    6) Make sure you have enough gas to get to your destination. If not at least have an agreed upon time/distance for when to make a pit-stop.
    7) Have the number of at least one member in the caravan. If the worst should come to happen to you on the way to your destination (Accident,car break down or extremely lost) then you can inform that person of the situation and probably get some assistance.
    8) Have Fun!!!!!

To-Do list for the event:

1) Bring $$$$$$$. There will be stuff for sale and you may find that super rare part you have been looking for.
    2) If you bring a camera make sure to have alot of film/storage as well as extra batteries or a car charger.
    3) Bring food / drinks! Food at the event will most likely be pretty expensive. We are most likely going to BBQ when we get there. That being said, a list of what everyone is bringing food / drink wise would be good.

--------

Caravan Meeting Locations:

This will be updated once everything is finalized.

CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF CARAVAN MEETING LOCATIONS ON GOOGLE MAPS!

SD Caravan (South / Central County):

Where?: UTC Mall
    Address: 4485 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
    Caravan Leaves: Between 6:00 - 6:10am.

Note: more info will be update on this in the next few weeks since we will have other BMW's cruising with us.

Click for a bigger picture!

SD Caravan (North County #1):

Where?: Carlsbad Company Stores
    Address: 5620 Paseo Del Norte Suite #124, Carlsbad, California 92008
    Caravan Passes: Between 6:20 - 6:30am.

Info: This is the big meeting location for North County.

Orange County (OC) Caravan (Southern Caravan):

Where?: Irvine Spectrum Center
    Address:? Irvine Spectrum Center, Irvine, CA 92618
    Caravan Passes: Between 7:10 - 7:20am.

Orange County (OC) Caravan (Northern Caravan):

Where?: In-N-Out Burger in Tustin
    Address:? 3020 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA 92782-8906
    Caravan Passes: Between 7:30 - 7:40am.

--------

Other Caravans (Non-SoCAL Caravans):

San Fransisco to Pasadena Caravan: http://bavarian500.com/home.html

--------

Lead Cars:

These are the people to follow during the caravan. The list will be finalized the month before the meet. You may use an LED Light Bar if you wish. Just don't get pulled over. :P

If I get enough money for a GoPro Camcorder, I will be moving back and forth between the caravan for some video.

--------

Important Links:

Facebook Event Page (SD Caravan): https://www.facebook.com/events/188471474584704/

Bimmerfest Event Page: http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/Bimmerfest-2012/

Bimmerfest Event Registration: http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events...2012/register/

Bimmerfest Caravan Thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593179

SoCALe30 Event Discussion: http://socale30.com/theforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7920

R3VLimited Event Discussion: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=233795

e30tech.com Caravan Thread: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111572

Bimmerforums Caravan Thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1800085

--------

What needs to be discussed:

What needs to be discussed amongst other things is if the LA caravan is going to meet up with the SD Caravan and cruise into Bimmerfest together. Please feel free to talk about that in this thread since I am going to be coordinating the SD Caravan. If you have Caravan info that you would like to add to this thread, let me know and I'll update the main post.

--------

Pot Luck / Food and Beverages:

From what I've been told, last year mostly everyone brought some food / beverage along so we could BBQ at the event. When we get closer to the event we can decide on who brings what.
    Straight to Bimmerfest with the main caravan.
    55.56%
    Break off at the 110 to go up to the e30 joint meet up location.
    44.44%
    Last edited by turge; 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM. Reason: Updated Info

Add your name below to the guest / event list!

Who's Going To The Event:

1. Turge (Caravan Organizer and SD Caravan Lead)
    2. freeride53
    3.VANOS714
    4. FCB_M3
    5. E30Jigzaw
    6. Iwantspeed -oc caravan
    7. Be34st - OC Caravan
    8. BrooklynMW
    9. imdashiz
    10. Dj Buttchug
    11. smooth - OC Caravan
    12. Ballermcdonald+1
    13. Yoda
    14. tAngo.
    15. JrCamacho/Jreezye30
    16. BMK
    17. GaslampKilla
    18. Anony Mouse - OC Caravan (North)
    19.Streetmafia21
    20. Greg's///M - NorCal Caravan - E46 M3
    Last edited by turge; 03-23-2012, 01:50 AM. Reason: added guest list

Comment

Little excited there bud, still got 4 months to go..
      Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LUGO View Post
        Little excited there bud, still got 4 months to go..
        This ^^^^^
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

w/e. Better to get the thread started early in my opinion.

Comment

It's pretty hard to coordinate anything until 2 weeks beforehand anyways, alot of people work, things break down, etc.
            Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Fair enough... Obviously stuff happens and plans can change, but I just wanted to get the basics up ahead of time.

Comment

Not going..........Bimmerfest blows IMO. But this is a great thread to organize caravans and shit like that.
                » PARTS FOR SALE
                » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  Not going..........Bimmerfest blows IMO. But this is a great thread to organize caravans and shit like that.
                  Reasons for blowing?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                    Hypothetically... if Top Gear showed up... would you go?

Comment

So down. Put me down. I'm in La Jolla (UCSD).

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                          Add your name below to the guest / event list!

Who's Going To The Event:

1. Turge
                          2. freeride53
                          3.VANOS714

Comment

haha. this is so early.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                              haha. this is so early.
                              Problem officer? :-P

And this thread is up for general discussion of the event along with the caravan locations when that gets agreed upon.
                              Last edited by turge; 02-08-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X