This is Mila..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Mila..

So it occurred to me that I never properly introduced my car so I apologize for being about 1 year late posting up my project and progress. Please forgive the pics. Most of which were quick shitty cell phone snapshots.

My wife named her Mila (pronounced Meela).. like Mila Kunis.

Original Purchase Price: $600.00

Mila was a Craiglist find that had been sitting behind a local shop after the owner brought it in for transmission repairs. The G260 had been run low on gear oil and ate up 1st,2nd and 5th. Aside from the obvious wear and tear the PO had let her son's best friend buy it a on payment plan and never made a single payment so when she went to repo it this "friend" did some light vandalism. Regardless the car started right up and drove all the way home in 3rd.

I immediately stripped her down to fix some dings and prep for paint.

After replacing the transmission (no pics.. sorry) we did some light suspension / steering refresh and upgrades.

Vogtland Springs on Bilstein Sports. AKG offset urethane CABs and motor mounts. New stock everything else.

Then off to the paint shop.. and back home to install exterior trim.

Painted a clean Mystic Green Metallic.

Guten Parts hookup on the brand new smoked Hella euro lights w/ DDM 55w 5k HID lights & DDM 35w 3k HID foglights.

After weeks of searching Luis325 hooked me up on some 16x7.5 ACS Type I wheels that United Wheel was able to completely restore. Wrapped in Maxxis MA-V1 225/45/16.

Of course the odometer required a rebuild..

My buddy Jim came over to help weld up some small rust spots with new sheet metal.

And then it was time to start installing the interior.. along with some custom lighting and other various non factory amenities like a self dimming rear view mirror, auto dim lights (George Graves), and amber accent lighting in the foot wells and trunk.

Reupholstered interior includes black synsuede and syn leather with E36 M3 seats, E30 M3 back seat, and custom door panels. MTII steering wheel and M5 back-lit leather shift knob. ACS pedal set.

And finally some new tunes custom installed Infinity Reference Components front and rear as well as matching Infinity 10 inch sub installed in a completely carpeted Luke box powered by a 5 channel Infinity amp.

Somewhat finished product..

Future plans include 5 lug swap with 5x120 16x8 ACS Type I wheels, S52 swap, and complete ACS body kit and spoiler to replace knock off MTII spoiler.

I will try to get better pics up soon and I'm sure I've left out a lot of details so feel free to ask me anything about her.
    Last edited by RobertK; 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM.

mmmm buttery

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Amazing job! She looks great.
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Very nice.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

About time you shared that. If I owned a car that nice I would whore it out every chance I got.

Comment

Damnnn looks great! Good work man

Comment

sexual
              My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
              1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
              IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
              1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Beautiful restoration! Looking forward to future progress!

Comment

Very impressive restormod.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                  My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Comment

Oh Mila.

Great work Robert!

Is that a factory z3 color? I must say, looks a million times better on your car.
                    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

i love that color. Looks sooo clean
                      E30 buildy things
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

I havent really liked those wheels on any other car. But on yours they look really nice.
                        Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                        sigpic

Comment

You are too good at this :puppy:
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

what a transformation, loving every bits of it.
                            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Well done.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                              X