Remus vs Supersprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remus vs Supersprint

I was looking for a throaty and deep sounding cat back and I think remus will be the choice out of the two but, I'd like to hear you guys out on your opinions.

Best place to buy?
    Quality?

THanks

Omar
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

I'd also like to hear some opinions on this topic.
    Randall Racing and Engineering
    Acworth, Georgia, 30101
    http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

i need to take a video for you guys one of these days.

but to compare the two.....the Supersprint is very quiet....almost stock sound. The remus i have is a perfect balance of stock-like grumble, but under load its pretty throaty, but not loud by any means (assuming you're still running the stock cats etc).

I have the 90mm tips, and personally they are too big for the car. Not proportion.....wish i went w/ the smaller tips. The exhaust does stick out pretty far out past the rear valence too. Aesthetically the look of the Supersprint is more to my liking (retains a very stock look).......but buildwise, quality & sound of the Remus is superior to none.
      www.instagram.com/snwmble
      #snwmble

Current:
      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Thanks, that helps a lot. I forgot what website i was at but, I was looking at the remus and they had a sport and race one. What's that about? Anyways, I'm pretty sold on getting a remus.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

In my experience, they are both conservative exhausts but would think the supersprint would be more aggressive between the two.
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
            In my experience, they are both conservative exhausts but would think the supersprint would be more aggressive between the two.
            i thought so too, until last wk, when me and a friend of mine compared his SS to my Remus side by side. It was no question that my Remus was louder....his almost sounded stock-like...mine isn't loud, but louder than his for sure.
            www.instagram.com/snwmble
            #snwmble

Current:
            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I just bought and installed the Remus cat-back from BavAuto. I got the smaller 76mm tips. It's awesome, I love it. I like it because it's a little louder than stock at normal speeds like just simply accelerating from a stop light and it has a nice deep sound instead of the crappy loud fart muffler type sound you get from American mufflers like Magnaflow and Flowmaster.

I have been meaning to take a video of the sound of my muffler, but I have to get a good microphone to take a good recording of it.

Judging from the YouTube videos of e30's with Supersprint, they both sound pretty similar. Both pretty deep

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
              i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
               - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                I just bought and installed the Remus cat-back from BavAuto. I got the smaller 76mm tips. It's awesome, I love it. I like it because it's a little louder than stock at normal speeds like just simply accelerating from a stop light and it has a nice deep sound instead of the crappy loud fart muffler type sound you get from American mufflers like Magnaflow and Flowmaster.

I have been meaning to take a video of the sound of my muffler, but I have to get a good microphone to take a good recording of it.

Judging from the YouTube videos of e30's with Supersprint, they both sound pretty similar. Both pretty deep
                Thanks, this was really helpful in my search!

Comment

Did you go for the Remus?

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                  i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                   - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

i noticed that the remus has a deeper sound with a bit of drone...

but the SS is my favorite for m20...

loud enough to have loads of fun but not loud enough to get you into any trouble...
                    1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                    1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                    1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                    guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                    Originally posted by ak-
                    Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X