First BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First BMW

I just recently purchased my first BMW, an 89 325i. Has high miles but has a new head and such. Been looking to join a forum so i can find out more about these cars and modifying them since ive mostly dealt with trucks. Its a very clean car, no rust, and had that cool euro tag. Picked it up for $1700.

Havent been able to get some good pics yet but those will come. First thing i want to do is lower it, I cant stand the fender gap. I will probably completely redo the stereo system too. Also I was looking under the hood and found this breather attached to a hose.

It goes to the valve cover, maybe some sort of crank case ventilation? IDK but it doesnt look factory so Id like to fix that. Over all I really like this car and will keep you all posted as im working on it. Thanks
    2000 Silverado- 4/6 drop, SS 20s, audio stuff
    1989 325i- DD

Very clean! Looks like a good deal!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Parnell View Post
      Also I was looking under the hood and found this breather attached to a hose.

It goes to the valve cover, maybe some sort of crank case ventilation? IDK but it doesnt look factory so Id like to fix that. Over all I really like this car and will keep you all posted as im working on it. Thanks
      That looks like it may be the hose that comes off the valve cover. I believe its supposed to run somewhere on the throttle body and yes it is for CCV.

NICE PICKUP! You have an awesome car to start with.
      Did you see paperwork for the head job?

I recommend a drop (of course) and some different wheels (unless you like what you have on).

good luck with her!
      Last edited by craiggroves91; 05-28-2012, 12:43 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Dood, where are you people finding these good shape less than $2k e30's cause I look like every other day and the only thing I find over here under 2k are in pieces or shitty. The good stuff is like 3500 and above?

Comment

That is a hell of a pickup for $1700, welcome!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Great deal man!

Comment

I think that any car that still has a lip, has been taken care of. Nice pickup and welcome aboard.

COTM

Comment

Great buy

Take care of her and she'll take ya where ya wanna go!
                87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

New wheels and a drop and you'll be loving it much more. What are your plans for suspension?
                  The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                  2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

nice find man!

Comment

nice! Super deal
                      E30 buildy things
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                        That looks like it may be the hose that comes off the valve cover. I believe its supposed to run somewhere on the throttle body and yes it is for CCV.

NICE PICKUP! You have an awesome car to start with.
                        Did you see paperwork for the head job?

I recommend a drop (of course) and some different wheels (unless you like what you have on).

good luck with her!
                        No I didnt get any paper work for the head job, just took the guys word for it. It runs good so Im not awfully concerned about it. Does anybody know where the CCV hose is supposed to go in the throttle body?

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                        I think that any car that still has a lip, has been taken care of. Nice pickup and welcome aboard.
                        The lip is partiality held on by zip ties, haha, but yea I believe the guy who had it before took good care of it. It even came with new brembo rotors to put on, albeit stock replacements but still.

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                        New wheels and a drop and you'll be loving it much more. What are your plans for suspension?
                        I honestly dont know right now. Id just like to lower it to get rid of that wheel gap. Kills the look of it.

Thanks guys for all the comments.
                        1989 325i- DD

Comment

Looks like a great car, especially for the price that you paid. With new suspension (and maybe wheels) it'll be even better.
                          1988 325i Vert
                          1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by Dtripp3 View Post
                            Dood, where are you people finding these good shape less than $2k e30's cause I look like every other day and the only thing I find over here under 2k are in pieces or shitty. The good stuff is like 3500 and above?
                            Location, location, location, sir.

I bought mine for the same price as OP and had maybe one or two very minor issues that were fixed within the hour.
                            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                              Location, location, location, sir.

I bought mine for the same price as OP and had maybe one or two very minor issues that were fixed within the hour.
                              Exactly. I live in eastern KY and there are quite a few e30s on craigslist for under 2k.
                              1989 325i- DD

Comment

Working...
                              X