Got scammed. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got scammed. Now what?

I recently bought a "MarkD" chip from bwawuz02 that turned out to be a fake. I sent him a PM but only before I realized that he got banned from this site. How else do I contact him? I paid via PayPal, so can I dispute it for a refund? Also, it seems that someone else bought the same replica, and he has agreed to refund the other buyer a few days ago.

://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254599

Now I'm down $125 and am still without a legit MarkD chip. Sigh.:-(

I'd dispute it as not as advertised, they will side with you, they will ask you to ship it back, and supply PayPal with tracking info.

Comment

Ok. Good to hear that I can somehow get the money back. Do I need to show any proof to PayPal? And do you have any idea how long this process will take? Thanks.

Comment

Figure 10-14 days. File a dispute, then upgrade it to a claim. PayPal will walk you through it.

Comment

Great. I'll run it through that process tomorrow. Thanks a lot. Now I know it's better to buy new from the original source....

Comment

Paypal is very good with this kind of stuff!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by KCTO View Post
              Great. I'll run it through that process tomorrow. Thanks a lot. Now I know it's better to buy new from the original source....
              Duh you cheap ass ;)

good luck man, if it falls through murder him.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                good luck man, if it falls through murder him.
                rape him with the chip, so he knows what he did wrong, then murder him

Comment

Paypal will side with you - you'll get your money back.

Then pocket that $100 bill and just buy an ebay chip. You'll get 99% of the performance for a 10th of the cost.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Which one, George?

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Accidentally sold a fake MarkD chip a while ago(came in car, advertised as MarkD in the ad), cleared it up with guy but man, sucks when people know in advance.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I bought a $500 m42 head from the guy that arrived broken in the mail... I've since returned the part, with no further communication.

Fwiw, he can send PMs while banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                          I bought a $500 m42 head from the guy that arrived broken in the mail... I've since returned the part, with no further communication.

Fwiw, he can send PMs while banned.
                          Scammers are a whole different level, but people who do a shitty job packing rare/desirable parts are a close second.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Then pocket that $100 bill and just buy an ebay chip. You'll get 99% of the performance for a 10th of the cost.
                            My sarcasm-o-meter is going off. I've restrained myself from buying an ebay ripoff because I want to support the community; I'd rather give my money, albeit a larger sum, to the people that took the time to do it properly then the lazy asshole that could care less about e30's.
                            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Well, I've just opened up the dispute. I'm not sure if I am supposed to ship the chip back, but I offered to in a message. Only thing is I forgot to ask for his address... Will the dispute make it to where his replies are sent to me? I hope this ends up being as painless as it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X