Can you sell your e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you sell your e30?

I ask this because I have been having the itch for something else.

The problem is, is that I currently have 2 e30s...my coupe and my cabrio. Both mean alot to me. The coupe is my my DD unless its 100 degrees out, then I take my S/C Xterra...14mpg ftl. I have had my coupe for close to 7 years and I have put a lot of work into it and it is kinda a part of me. To get the car where I want (AC, paint, dash, and other little stuff) it will take some funds and time. Even still, I feel that if I were to part with it, I would kick myself HARD!

The same with my cabrio. Although I have not put too much time into it, it is a rare color combo and in awesome condition...but it too (like most e30s) needs some conditioning. Again, I would kick myself HARD for getting rid of the cabrio.

Its not about the money as Im sure I am in the black on both. Taking care of 2 aint easy either but they run great and still put big smiles on me. Can you part with your e30? I almost feel that I cant and I am stuck with them. :loco:

Cheers!

COTM

You could easily get my E30 from me. But you'll overpay.

And I'll just go buy another.

(It should be noted, I still drive the first one I bought as a DD)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'd sell my ix without complaint, but my 318i you'd have troubles getting.
      sigpic

Comment

I think people sell their e30s and realize the horrible mistake they made and usually come back.
        TBH, I never want to make a plan to sell my e30. Sometimes i feel like i want to sell it, but when i think hard enough in the decision, I would end up miss her greatly. I love the problems it has. It gives character and most of all....SOMETHING TO DO! :)
        I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

It'd take a lot for me to part with my E30...I still own and drive my very first car, a plain old 2000 Accord coupe. ..but I love it. I love my E30 possibly more so it will definitely be around for a while...
          sigpic'87 335i

Comment

I've considered it and for the right number I would; but I've spent way too much money on it to ever feel good about selling it for the current going rate.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
              You could easily get my E30 from me. But you'll overpay.

(It should be noted, I still drive the first one I bought as a DD)
              Even if you were to get a little over realistic price, you would prolly think, "oh where are you?" :( Buying another is the easy part.

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
              I'd sell my ix without complaint, but my 318i you'd have troubles getting.
              I didnt have too hard of a time selling my MT2 cabrio but I do miss it from time to time.

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
              I think people sell their e30s and realize the horrible mistake they made and usually come back.
              TBH, I never want to make a plan to sell my e30. Sometimes i feel like i want to sell it, but when i think hard enough in the decision, I would end up miss her greatly. I love the problems it has. It gives character and most of all....SOMETHING TO DO! :)
              I cant get totally out of the game so im covered there. :D No matter what or if I get something else, I will always tinker with it.

Originally posted by SpeicherBimmer View Post
              It'd take a lot for me to part with my E30...I still own and drive my very first car, a plain old 2000 Accord coupe. ..but I love it. I love my E30 possibly more so it will definitely be around for a while...
              I have said "will definitely be around for a while." before too but here I am at this crossroads again.

COTM

Comment

I would keep them...what newer car could you possibly get that is a character building as an E30? Plus, if you just stick it out and get the E30s DONE, wouldn't you rather be rolling around in one of them? What are you considering getting, anyway?
                sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Originally posted by speicherbimmer View Post
                  what are you considering getting, anyway?
                  +1
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

[QUOTE=TurboJake;3290233]You could easily get my E30 from me. But you'll overpay.

I'm with you on that one. Everything is for sale. You will just pay dearly for it haha. I love my E30 though and I doubt I would sell it

Comment

Trying to sell mine right meow actually; I don't have trouble parting with it because it's my first one; made a lot of good and bad decisions (almost all good :-P), and now I'm just trying to start with a clean slate.

My next e30 however.. I'd be hard pressed to sell what I hope will be an 88/89 Lachsilber 325is

Comment

I sold my e30 about a year and a half ago, and I've regretted selling it ever since then. It wasn't even a week after I sold it that I was missing it. The next e30 is staying for life.

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                          Even if you were to get a little over realistic price, you would prolly think, "oh where are you?" :( Buying another is the easy part.
                          Well then let me ask you, what is a little over realistic price?
                          My car is mechanically perfect. My entire suspension system is less than 1 year old. At the slightest tick of something going wrong, it and everything attached to it gets replaced.

But its rusty. So its an E30 thats been meticulously maintained mechanically, but rusty. With a lot of super rare parts. Its a fun workhorse, not your typical r3vmember clean slammed overpriced car.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

The longer you have it the harder it is to get rid of, and the more you work on it the harder it is to get rid of. I sold my early 318i without a second thought since it was bought as a temporary beater anyway. I don't see myself getting rid of the 318is that I put a new engine in anytime soon though.
                            What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                            90 325ix

Comment

I sold my vert 4 years ago and for the last 4 years I've wished I didn't sell it and you'll do the same. Now if I had two, I don't think I'd have a problem selling one of them.

I've had a honda, 2 big trucks, and a ford fusion (company car) and NOTHING is as fun as the e30. If you sell you'll quickly find out that you still spend the same amount of money...on dumb shit now, and when you get back into an e30 you have to start ALL over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X