Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used to tell us the sky's the limit, now I have an alpine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to tell us the sky's the limit, now I have an alpine.

So after I totaled my schwarz, I was pretty devastated to say the least.

Momentarily even came to the realization to just buy a late '90s civic and be done with it. Would've been the practical thing to do, but coming to terms with driving one was something I mentally couldn't overcome.

So 2 days ago, I was scouring craigslist (los angeles) for an alpine.
    2:00 a.m. Friday morning, an ad pops up with one of the cleanest examples I've seen in a minute. Original owner, oem everything, respectively low mileage(these are kinds of ads we dream about.)

Called the guy right then and there. He picked up, we talked.
    He told me I was the first one to reply to his post and knew in my gut that this thing was gonna get swooped that morning if I didn't do anything quick.
    Subsequently, wired him a deposit and drove down first thing in the morning.

After finally reaching this gentleman's mansion, we greeted, and he laughed.
    Said I was a lucky son of a bitch as people from oregon and local so-caler's were coming up with $6-7.5k(which I didn't pay anything near btw :lbvwinky: ). He told them all to buzz off for he had been saving it for a young man who had called 'dibs' 2am in the morning. I shook the man's hands and drove back down to the bay with no hiccups. :)

Last edited by RUFFLZ; 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

clean

Comment

lmfao, nice find.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Very Nice

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

lolol i can't believe you called the dude at 2am. nice find meety.

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Excellent!
              1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

Holy shit that is clean! Are you transferring parts from the schwarz? Please say yes...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

He sold the schwarz.

Comment

Nice e30.
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Sounds alot like when I bought my car. Shady people telling the seller to ignore me and show it to them but he kept his word because I was first haha.

How many miles are on it? Way clean car, just be careful with it this time :lbvwinky:

Comment

That's great you called at 2 a.m. and sounds like he enjoyed the transaction as well.

Great buy - what are the plans?

Comment

HOLY!!
                          wtf i'm always on craigslist looking for e30's and I never see anything this clean
                          and stock as this one. Yup definitely one of those dream ads. Lucky S.O.B!!!
                          IG: @_j.wn

Comment

thanks guys. I'm really fortunate to have gotten so lucky.
                            Low on funds right now; gonna order bilsteins soon, but keep the bottlecaps lambo status lol

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                              thanks guys. I'm really fortunate to have gotten so lucky.
                              Low on funds right now; gonna order bilsteins soon, but keep the bottlecaps lambo status lol
                              awwwww yeeeeaaahhhh

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X