Seriously, what the wang wrangler happened to the E30 market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, what the wang wrangler happened to the E30 market

I apparently got out of it right before the market shot right the fuck into the sky...
    I've seen rot boxes going for $3500!?

WHAT THE FUCK!?

I blame myself
    BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Yeah the markets gone stupid, I luckily found what I needed before prices rocketed
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

Comment

The cars are becoming more rare and the appreciation for those models has increased, i.e., supply and demand.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Very true, people are now trying to retire off their 500 dollar e30's.

Comment

Makes me feel like I bought in at the right time. Yay for getting in before the bubble
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I've seen plenty advertised for $3500, whether they actually sell near that number is the question. In the past year or so lurking CL, I've seen maybe one e30 that would be worth the asking price. The rest have been clearly abused and/or neglected but their owner's seem to think its a gold mine.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

I remember back in 2001, a friend drove out to California to buy a 1989 325is with a nice ACS body kit, with about 130k miles. The car was properly maintained, needed nothing, and was in very nice condition. Not a show car, but it was obviously owned by someone that made an effort to keep it nice.

I think he paid between $4500 and 5500 for it, and that was 12 years ago.

I imagine a similar car in today's market would probably be listed at $6000-$7000. Not saying it would sell for that much, but I can imagine the starting price being there.

I feel like I avoided the drift/stance tax by buying an automatic for $1500 and 5spd swapping it.

Comment

A 318is w/ less than 100k orig miles in great shape was listed on CL locally near me for $3800, it was gone within a day.

Comment

I bought my super eta mint car 4 years back 800.00 I sold it to 19 year old cause replaced it with the M

Comment

Makes me want to rebuild my parts car.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I bought at the right time ($1100 from a dead guy).

Current: '92 325i Vert

Past: '84 Euro 320i -Had to leave in Italy

Comment

Originally posted by NV325i View Post
                        I bought at the right time ($1100 from a dead guy).
                        hey I was just a sleep I want my e30 back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Like, to get a car similar to my old rot box is like $4000! (oh wait, that's what I sold mine for...)
                          BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

To answer the OP, yes, the E30 (and E28 ) market has changed. The biggest change I think is the hyper-optimistic prices people are beginning to ask for their E30s (and E28s). That mentality is slowly driving the value of the E30, as buyers are very slow and reluctant to succumb to the whimsical demands of E30 sellers, but as more sellers ask for more money, ultimately more buyers will pay more money.

That said, the good ol' $500 E30 deal can still be found now and again, but it is much more difficult. I just bought an E30 for $500 a week back or so, but I am checking CL every 10-15 min all day long.

Comment

Some idiot was trying to sell off a 318 for 9k. Just stock with a few goodies lol even had some SICK M5 fender gills.
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                              X