FS: Custom shift/brake boots - $15 and up, shipping included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Custom shift/brake boots - $15 and up, shipping included

Offering E24, E28, E30, E34, E36, E39, and E46 fittment. The boots are almost identical in construction to the OEM ones.

If you would like to order, send me a message and I'll get you all setup. My email is fuzzfabrics@gmail.com or you can call/text at (707)4MY.FUZZ (469-3899). Boots are individually made after you order and ship within 2-4 weeks, usually sooner.

I am always open to picking up a custom material for your boots, just ask.

You can also reach me on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/FuzzFabrics

Thread colors available: Black, white, red, blue, yellow, purple, grey

Non-Automotive grade: $15 shipped for a shift boot, $25 shipped for a shift/brake boot set! Backing available for no charge upon request.

Automotive grade Vinyl: $18 shipped for a shift boot, $25 shipped for a shift/brake boot set! French seams available on request.

Here are the vinyls I have in stock:

Burberry Plaid: $25 shipped for a shift boot, $40 shipped for a shift/brake boot set! Backing included. French seams available on request.

Leather/Suede: $35 shipped for a shift boot, $50 shipped for a shift/brake boot set. French seams included, please specify thread color.

Here's a closeup of the grain on my current hide. The suede side is very nice, I'd feel comfortable making boots with this side out if anyone wanted real suede.

These are from the previous hide:

Automotive grade microsuede: $25 shipped for a shift boot, $40 shipped for a shift/brake boot set. French seams included. Please specify thread color.

These are the suedes I have in stock:

Automotive grade fabrics: $25 shipped for a shift boot, $40 shipped for a shift/brake boot set. French seams included. Please specify thread color. At this time I have black tweed, blue/black, tan/brown, black/white, red/black houndstooth, and Wimbledon plaid.

I'm interested in developing these for other models. If you're interested in helping with this process, please contact me via PM.
    Last edited by Cletonius; 10-07-2014, 12:28 PM.
    - Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

So your wife is doing the labor? Lol.

I want to see a houndstooth boot

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
      So your wife is doing the labor? Lol.

I want to see a houndstooth boot
      Yeah man, she's a good seamstress and has the time. I help with the cutting and all that but she does the sewing.

I will see about picking up some houndstooth in the next couple days. Any preference on the size of the pattern? Standard black/white or something else?

Edit 4/9/14: my wife ended up only making the first few. I've been doing all the work since 2012. Upholstery is a manly craft ;)
      Last edited by Cletonius; 04-09-2014, 03:37 PM.
      - Josh
      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Alpina or mtech fabric? Can you do leather? Id gladly sacrifice my boots for a free custom one.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

As close to stock grey as possibru? How much u asking for these? Would I just have to glue it into my bracket

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

My wifey used my car as a template and made a couple of shift boots.

Bump for wife made shift boots.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
            Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Alpina or mtech fabric? Can you do leather? Id gladly sacrifice my boots for a free custom one.
              If you have the Alpina or Mtech fabric we can use it to make one, but I don't have any of those patterns. No leather at this time, we'd like to see the demand and get some cheaper ones done before getting into expensive materials.
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                As close to stock grey as possibru? How much u asking for these? Would I just have to glue it into my bracket
                OK, I'll see what the fabric stores here have in stock.

For the first several runs you'd have to figure out a way to secure it yourself, but we are working on one with elastic on the bottom so it would just snap over the frame.
                - Josh
                1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

What about alcantera fabric
                  willschnitz

Comment

the last guy making these on here had people attach them just with glue under the boot trim and zip tie on the shifter shaft and they seemed to work well. i know there would be interest in cheap replacements, but buddy i just did a 5spd swap for needed a shift boot and looked for a cheap one for quite some time untill finally finding a black leather one from a uk company on ebay for $12 so if you can be around that price and in the states i think you could sell quite a few, even more if you found yourself a supply of trim bezels to attach them to.
                    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      What about alcantera fabric
                      I will check the fabric stores, any specific colors?
                      Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                      the last guy making these on here had people attach them just with glue under the boot trim and zip tie on the shifter shaft and they seemed to work well. i know there would be interest in cheap replacements, but buddy i just did a 5spd swap for needed a shift boot and looked for a cheap one for quite some time untill finally finding a black leather one from a uk company on ebay for $12 so if you can be around that price and in the states i think you could sell quite a few, even more if you found yourself a supply of trim bezels to attach them to.
                      I think that's reasonable. The couple we've done already have a flap sewn inside like the stock one has, no zip tie required. We are looking into using elastic to hold the boot around the bezel so you don't have to glue. Quick change ftw.
                      - Josh
                      1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

fabrics added to the first post. the black fabric feels like a thick microfiber and looks almost like alacantara in person. Pricing is to be determined and will be posted wednesday, we picked up the fabrics today so I wanted to post to find out who would be interested in what. Shoot me a PM to reserve the fabric of your choice and we'll let you know pricing wednesday.
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?

Comment

Well if you can find alacantara i might be in. But im having trouble deciding what to spend my limited money on haha.
                          willschnitz

Comment

dude, dude. Burberry please. i'll let you know which one but i need to know if you can acquire the pattern
                            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                            Is that thing on air?

Comment

Will a leather boot off an e34 that I currently have in my car work as a pattern for you? Or you want a stock accordion one? I have both and would gladly send you either :D
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X