Joey's iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey's iS

Following my last e30 I sold, my prized 1990 325i, I thought I'd lay off e30s for a while. I wasn't really looking for an e30 after this one cause of life circumstances. Enough with the monolog..! PICTURES JOEY!!

Funny how you stumble across the exact thing your looking for when you stop looking. After my friend and board member e30ruben told me about an e30 for sale in Redwood (about 130 miles from my house) on Sunday, Monday night we already made preparations to see it. $700 later, $120 for a new battery, and two aspirins for the headache, I was driving myself a project on the brink of the grave; my 1989 Lachsilber 325is

Right off the bat, you can tell its not terrific, but for 7 big ones, I'm not complaining

I've got 99 problems and a bumper makes one

Bondo on my fog light..??

Paint is a little faded in the rear left quarter

IS trunk lip has gone to crap

Looks like they haven't been cleaned in YEARS

Interior is pretty ratted out as well.. It was horribly dirty and had the nastiest seat covers over the front sport seats.. Ugh. Cleaned out the papers and tore the covers off only to find:

FUBAR..!!

Passenger isn't terribly bad..

Carpets are every color of the rainbow. Definitely not tasting that junk..

My biggest pet peeve... Trash down here.. Mind you, this is AFTER I cleaned most of it out

Hoodlums!

Speaking of the dash :(

All good baby, all good

THESE ALWAYS GO MISSING!!

Gonna replace that Brake Lining bulb eventually.. ODO gears busted, and the fuel temp gauge does some crazy zjeg, but overall everything else is good cluster-wise

My e30 has a nipple! Remnants of a crappy aftermarket alarm system

Premium Sound and Pop-Out windows make me happy :mrgreen:

Overall, it's looking like a fixer-upper.. Engine-wise too. Basic m20, it's got some oil stains for the valve cover and such; Oil pan is spotless bone dry though. Can't say the same for all the ghetto-rigging in the bay though..

What the freak? I don't even. LOL
    The torment continues upon inspecting the rest of the engine

Zip ties!!

Random Home Depot tubing and wires for the Radiator Coolant overflow line. Fantastic!

Bypassed heater core! YIPPEE!!!

Spark plug wire supports are completely broken

Ghetto Aftermarket Alarm is Ghetto
    ...and broken

WTF is this???

Not milkshake... But.. Rusted water possibly..? Judging by the upkeep and ghetto mess, I wouldnt doubt the PO put straight up water in the cooling system

This battery was gone; look at the residue on that contact.. YUCK!

But hey, at the end of the day, these guys make it worth it:

Got quite the project ahead of me, but I'm happy about it. With all it's messes and imperfections, its the exact year, model, and color I wanted.

Oil change today, then taking a much needed vacation; coolant and heater box woes to come
    Last edited by JinormusJ; 05-23-2013, 05:18 PM.

GL bro

Comment

what a fucking disaster, good luck bro, reminds me of my car when i got it

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
        Zip ties!!

I ziptied my fan shroud back on too...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          That makes 3 of us.... Well, it was like that when I got it... Then I removed the whole thing.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Looks like it needs some love, gl man.

Seriously though, a perfectly complete tool kit, the condition of the rest of the car tells me they must not have known where to find it lol.

'87 325
            '89 325is
            '90 325i
            '67 Buick Skylark --SOLD 5/2015--

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
              what a fucking disaster, good luck bro, reminds me of my car when i got it
              ^this. looks like you have bbq sauce in the coolant reseviour. I hope you can bring this thing back.

The Build:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

That makes 4 of us.

Good luck. Looks about right for what you paid. Between all of our friends on the forum and the PyP, you will be fine.
                harry/harout

Comment

idk I woulda ran man.. paint's lightweight gone on some of the panels and it's an auto

you brave tho!

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                    GL bro
                    Shanks Shawn :D

Originally posted by mucoyekul87ETA View Post
                    Looks like it needs some love, gl man.

Seriously though, a perfectly complete tool kit, the condition of the rest of the car tells me they must not have known where to find it lol.
                    I am honored to be your first post sir.

Hmm.. I guess its not that much of a stretch after all... Last time I fixed my shroud, I made sure to grab the little plastic fasteners from the yard beforehand. I knew zipties were Gods gift to e30 enthusiasts everywhere, but I didn't exactly think you guys would be using them here haha

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                    what a fucking disaster
                    Looking at it now, under the scalpel, and in broad daylight: I completely agree. One day at a time though.. one day at a time. The engine runs, and the body is mint; thats all I care about. everything else is just little fixes here and there

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
                    ^this. looks like you have bbq sauce in the coolant reseviour. I hope you can bring this thing back.
                    Gonna try; I like how my last one came out, and I have a huge OCD attention to detail kind of personality, so while this one is gonna be tougher than my first, it'll come out fantastic no doubt

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                    That makes 4 of us.

Good luck. Looks about right for what you paid. Between all of our friends on the forum and the PyP, you will be fine.
                    Thanks for the vote of confidence; from my first one, and bouncing around working on my friends e30s, I think I've learned enough myself to rescue her from the grave. Plus, it always helps to know people. ALWAYS :)

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                    idk I woulda ran man.. paint's lightweight gone on some of the panels and it's an auto

you brave tho!
                    If one never risks failure, he will never aquire great success.
                    Shiro-RUFFLZ-San, heed my words..!

Comment

Looks like a fun time to me, That carpet definitely looks delicious.

Me thinks you have my cars twin, different year but the same right down to the auto transmission. I bid you good luck with your project. I eagerly await the weekend so I can get some work done on my project.

My Project Thread: 86 Cosmosblau ETA Sedan
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273246

Live in WV? Like my page for German auto fans https://www.facebook.com/pages/Germa...98369703569925

Comment

Lol, that makes me #5 because i'd rather have the shroud nice and zip tied, than bouncing all over because it's missing that clip.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          Lol, that makes me #5 because i'd rather have the shroud nice and zip tied, than bouncing all over because it's missing that clip.
                          Let's make it 6 then.

It might be easier to count the number of us who doesn't have it zip tied.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                            the body is mint;
                            Sold.

I wish I could find a mint body 4 door that everything else sucks on for a few hundred bucks. I would rather transfer all of my parts over than repair every damn thing wrong with the body of mine.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Looks like quite the project! Best wishes with it - there is light at the end of the tunnel. I agree that is the best year and best exterior color. The color of the coolant & the carpets is what scares me.
                              1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                              SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                              Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X