Shorter DB Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter DB Shocks

So i don't know if this was already done but i didn't see too much about it. A friend of mine was using early model Vert bumper shocks on his DB car and it was noticeably shorter, and also nicer looking so i figured I would give it a try. I'm pretty against tucking bumpers because even though DB are only good for like 5mph impact, Id still rather have that then nothing when someone backs into me in a parking lot. so here we go, sorry for shitty cell phone pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	7231022

i didnt have a tape measure so i just used this card.

Name:	DB card full.jpg
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	7231023

after removing two bolts (13mm i think) on each shock i got this, next i just removed the two connecting into the body

Name:	Bumper shock.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	7231024

these are the two shocks side by side

Name:	bumper shock compare.jpg
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	7231025

same card measuring the bumper

Name:	shorter bumper1.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	7231026

last pictures

and this is the final outcome of the bumper

Name:	shorter bumper full.jpg
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	7151234

like i said, its not a huuuge difference but its a better alternative to tucking and it only cost 12 bucks.

one final note, if you had drilled through your bumper to mount up your valance then you will have to redrill/mount as the holes you originally drilled will be pushed back farther.

Comment

Nice. I've been considering doing this to my car and couldn't find any pics comparing the two. Are the rear shocks shorter too?
      What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
      90 325ix

Comment

yea they should be, i had a bit of trouble trying to get them off the junkyard car so il wait until another day to do the rears.

Comment

Working...
        X