No announcement yet.

“Bavauto” Headers Group Buy Round 2: Now with more headers [OFFICIALLY CLOSED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Bavauto” Headers Group Buy Round 2: Now with more headers [OFFICIALLY CLOSED]

I just want to start out by saying that I do not work for Bavauto or Tubular Automotive and I am in no way affiliated with either of those two companies. I just use “Bavauto” in the title because these are the same headers that Bavauto use to sell, and they are being made by the same company that previously made them for Bavauto. People know them as Bavauto headers so that’s just what I call them.

I also want to point out that this a non-profit venture on my behalf. I choose to run this group buy for free in my spare time in order to make these quality headers more easily and more cheaply available to the E30 community. So please be patient if I don't respond to your PM's immediately, I try my best to answer them the same day they were sent but sometimes things just don't work out that way.

Now onto the good stuff. After speaking with Tubular, I’ve got some details on some different header designs for other BMW models that will be available this time around. Here are the details:

Model: 2002
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 2” integral mid-section
    Price for 5+ sets: $460
    Price for 10+ sets $440

Model: E21 320i 2.0L (early)
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 2” integral mid-section
    Price for 5+ sets: $480
    Price for 10+ sets: $460

Model: E21 320i 1.8L (late)
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 1 7/8” mid-section with flanged connection
    No mid-section: subtract $20

Model: E30 318i (1984-86)
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 1 7/8” mid-section with flanged connection
    No mid-section: subtract $20

Model: E30 325i/325e
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 2” mid-section
    Price for 5+ sets: $580
    Price for 10+ sets: $560
    No mid-section: subtract $50
    Notes: Having a flange installed on the one mid-section pipe in order to have it bolt up to a stock cat-back exhaust will cost extra because the flange has to be ordered from BMW.

Model: E12 528/530
    Details: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 1 ¾ - 1 5/8 integral mid-section
    Price for 5+ sets: $590
    Price for 10+ sets: $570
    Notes: Headers may also fit E24 630 however this is not verified

Model: E28 535, E24 635
    Details: 1 ½” primaries, 2” collector into 2” mid-section (4 pieces)
    Price for 5+ sets: $590
    Price for 10+ sets: $570
    No mid-section: subtract $50
    Notes: Headers will fit E28 533 and E24 633 but mid-section will not. These headers are for manual transmission cars only.
    Tubular couldn’t find any pictures of this model. However I found these pictures online…

As with last time these prices are for uncoated headers and shipping is not included in the price. Headers can be ceramic coated for an extra fee. The price will depend on the number of sets that are being coated. If you're interested in having your headers coated assume that it will cost roughly $200.

If you're interested, please add your name to the list using the following format:

Name, Header Model, mid-section included/excluded (if applicable), coated/uncoated, # of sets (forum)

i.e. Bullet Ride, E30 325, mid-section included, coated, 1 set (R3V)

Thanks guys.

The list:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    Last edited by Bullet Ride; 03-02-2013, 08:34 AM.

Full payment up front or are you taking deposits? Any idea when you will be cutting off the group buy?

Comment

It's also worth pointing out that the 5+ and 10+ prices apply for any combination of 4-cyl headers and any combination of 6-cyl headers. So say there's 5 people that want 2002 headers and 5 people who want 318i headers, the 10+ pricing will apply to both of those in that case.

Originally posted by SlamedIAm View Post
      Full payment up front or are you taking deposits? Any idea when you will be cutting off the group buy?
      It will be a deposit. The cut-off will depend on interest. I wait a couple weeks and see what the list is like.
      Last edited by Bullet Ride; 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

no m42 love?

Comment

1. enigmaticdream, E30 325is, mid-section included with flanges, coated, 1 set (R3V)
          Last edited by enigmaticdream; 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM.
          1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
          1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
          1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
          E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet Ride View Post
            It's also worth pointing out that the 5+ and 10+ prices apply for any combination of 4-cyl headers and any combination of 6-cyl headers. So say there's 5 people that want 2002 headers and 5 people who want 318i headers, the 10+ pricing will apply to both of those in that case.

It will be a deposit. The cut-off will depend on interest. I wait a couple weeks and see what the list is like.
            Sounds great I'm very interested. What will the deposit be? Any idea on turnaround after the cut-off has been reached? Just want to plan accordingly to make full payment. Thanks.

Comment

How much extra is getting the flanges weld onto the midpipe for the e30 325i setup?

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Originally posted by future rs View Post
                no m42 love?
                Unfortunately not. Sorry.

Originally posted by enigmaticdream View Post
                How much extra is getting the flanges weld onto the midpipe for the e30 325i setup?
                ~$10-$15

Originally posted by SlamedIAm View Post
                Sounds great I'm very interested. What will the deposit be? Any idea on turnaround after the cut-off has been reached? Just want to plan accordingly to make full payment. Thanks.
                Deposit will be $250. The turn around will depend on when Tubular will get the raw materials, how busy their schedule is, and whether or not you want your headers coated. That being said, 4-6 weeks is probably a good estimate.
                Last edited by Bullet Ride; 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

1. enigmaticdream, E30 325is, mid-section included with flanges, coated, 1 set (R3V)
                  2. Karmatose, E30 325is, mid-section included without flanges, coated, 1 set (R3V)

Edit: I have my own customs broker and can help people get their headers into Canada at a much more reasonable rate than the "major carriers" can. If there's much interest from Ontario, we can work something out.
                  "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo

Comment

2. Karmatose, E30 325is, mid-section included without flanges, coated, 1 set (R3V)
                    3. mscott, e30 325is, no mid-section, coated, 1 set (R3V)

Comment

3. mscott, e30 325is, no mid-section, coated, 1 set (R3V)
                      4. structured, e30 325is, mid-section included, uncoated, 1 set (R3V)

Comment

are these CA smog-legal?
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          are these CA smog-legal?
                          Considering there are no cats in the mid-pipe, no. However, you could always get some added. I found some a magnaflow cat for ~$70 each. It is a 2" in/out too so no loss of pipe size.,.

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaticdream View Post
                            Considering there are no cats in the mid-pipe, no. However, you could always get some added. I found some a magnaflow cat for ~$70 each. It is a 2" in/out too so no loss of pipe size.,.
                            well, obviously there's no cats here, you have to add your own, but in CA you also need CARB numbers for all aftermarket exhaust components. Also, from what I hear magnaflow universal cats eat themselves in 2-5 years.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              well, obviously there's no cats here, you have to add your own, but in CA you also need CARB numbers for all aftermarket exhaust components. Also, from what I hear magnaflow universal cats eat themselves in 2-5 years.
                              Ahhh okay, I wasn't aware of the rating or the cats eating themselves.

I guess I'll have to look into other cats.

Manual or STFU

E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X