Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EuroNasty: RIP /thread

Change of plans; this thread is dead, go HERE

My name is Adam. I am a Mechanical Engineering student. This will be a slightly slow build. I hope you lime pictures. Enjoy!

This is not my first project. I started back in mid 2009 on an 87 325iS and that went through multiple phases. It ended up being an S52/ZF/5 Lug/Euro drift/autox/daily. The S52 is currently in pieces and will be rebuilt. The chassis is now being parted and scrapped. Both quarter panels were trashed and I needed something to do. I tried to sell the shell as a perfect SE30 chassis, nobody wanted it. Might have seen this picture around forums, I tend to whore it out...

I daily an OBD1 S52 swapped 95 M3. I love it even though it's an E36.

This leads me to the 323i, known from here on out as "the euro car" or "EuroNasty".

IronFreak and I are building similar projects. Totally different drivetrains but this will document my progress.

Goals:
    -Rebuilt OBD1 S52 with ZF and 3.25LSD
    -E36 M3/Ti 5 Lug with Ground Control Koni Setup
    -Seam Welded, Gutted and Caged
    -Fiberglass E30 M3 Style Flares
    -APEX ARC-8 17x10" with 255s
    -Imola Red Exterior, Alpine Interior
    -Wilwood Pedals, Fuel Cell
    -<2,450lbs without driver

Theme: 24v, gutted, weight reduction, because racecar, red on gold with white caged interior, bavarian as f*ck-hoonigan machine. It will be rough where it needs to be. While still remaining classy.

Back last August I got word that a local BMW enthusiasts brother was selling his euro e30. Once I saw it was a euro, I was interested. I then took a trip to Lincoln to go check it out and see what he wanted for it.

Went on a quick test drive and in normal E30 fashion it died on me. Right then I knew I wanted it. I gave the man his $1000 and drove it back to Omaha in a monsoon with wiper blades that worked perfect on the passenger side... I parked it in my driveway for a couple days.

I then needed to focus on school so I stored it at a buddies storage facility thinking that if I didn't see it everyday I wouldn't want to do anything with it. It worked. It sat for about 4-5 months in storage while I developed a game plan.

After getting an idea of what I wanted to do I brought it back home and let it spend some time with the iX before I sold it. I immediately started to strip it down to pull the drivetrain and sell it. I cut out the core support because I will be making it removable.

I then started to tackle the interior. Originally planning on putting it back together..

Here I was swapping parts to make the red car 'roll' so it could be sold.

The car sat for a little over a month while waiting for a buyer for the red car. I just recently had two snow days and didn't have to work. I am taking advantage of it to get the car fully stripped so I can throw it on a rotisserie.

Once I pulled the carpet up I was very glad the red car didn't sell. I will be using the floor pans out of that for sure!!

After getting over the minor depression of the rusted floor boards I got back into gear and started to strip it out. Pulling some sound deadening, gutting trunk, pulling body harness, dropping fuel tank and making the garage even more of a mess! I'll let pics explain.

This is how it sits as of this post. I just got the fuel tank out and will be pulling the body harness tomorrow morning. My garage is a total disaster right now. What you don't see is the red shell in the driveway stuffed with 'trash parts'. I can't even park the M in the garage. The goal by end of summer is to be fully caged, fabricated and painted. S52 to be rebuilt next winter.

Last edited by unloadedak; 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM.

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
    1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Win the lottery....we'll have it done this fall hahaha!
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

So wait, you have another set of euro bumpers? Looking to sell them? Build looks awesome.

It was nice to meet your fellas last weekend. Looking forward to updates
      Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Hell yea! here we go!
        1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
        1991 325ix - Sold
        1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
        1986 325es - RIP
        1997 328is - Sold
        1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

Comment

Impressive already!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Looks like a great starting point for a great build; love the euro bumpers
            Sounds like you've got great plans in store. Can't wait to see where it goes

Comment

Was just about to say "WAIT! Don't molest that mint E30"... too late haha! Good luck with the build, looks like it's in good hands.
              sigpic

Comment

Look forward this project. Clean 323i you have.
                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

This gone' be 'gud. Looking forward to seeing this build unfold!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Got some work done on the car today.. I got the body harness out. I also cleaned up the garage A LOT. I'm also thinking about making a body harness for it instead of using the factory setup. Something to hit switches and push a button to start, racecar style. Need to research some wiring schemes.

Next up is to pull glass and doors then get it cleaned up, all ready for rotisserie and floor pan repair!

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                    Win the lottery....we'll have it done this fall hahaha!
                    hahahahha I might start playing it now...

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                    So wait, you have another set of euro bumpers? Looking to sell them? Build looks awesome.

It was nice to meet your fellas last weekend. Looking forward to updates
                    Yes I sold the set off the red car. I will be keeping these. When have you ever seen an E30 with euro bumpers and M box flares?

Originally posted by Wrinckled View Post
                    Was just about to say "WAIT! Don't molest that mint E30"... too late haha! Good luck with the build, looks like it's in good hands.
                    HAHA! It wasn't too clean to begin with. It had a minor fender bender where someone backed into it on the front drivers side so needed hood, fender, ellipsoid and it also needs a whole new tail panel, it's all sorts of rusted out. Aaaaaand....

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
                    1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

Awesome project, love the panorama photos

Comment

Adam, glad you've got a build thread going now! I look forward to seeing updates. And seeing who gets done first - you or Ross!
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                        ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                        #teamross
                        Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Haha, isn't it obvious?? Adam has to have his $1500 zillo paint job.....;)
                          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Looks great so far. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this build.

Comment

Nice!! you work fast

Comment

Working...
                              X