FS: 1984 325e $4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1984 325e $4k

Copied and pasted most of it from the CL ad....

For sale is a very well maintained BMW 325e with manual transmission. The car only has 120k miles! The paint is all original with a few dings and scratches. Mechanically the car is excellent, everything works as it should. Just recently, less than 15,000 miles ago, the previous owner went through the entire engine and replaced several gaskets such as the head gasket, oil pan gasket, valve stem seals, etc.. It also has a new cooling system, timing belt/water pump and ignition system tuneup. The engine runs smooth and pulls like it should and NO LEAKS. Less than 25k miles ago, the previous owner rebuilt the front suspension with Bilstein Touring shocks, new controls arms/ tie-rods/ bushings and an e36 steering rack conversion. The interior looks great as does the exterior, everything functions, heat and A/C works. The car does have some wear which includes some minor dings/scratches and a touched up area above the rear taillight (has a bit of surface rust), the drivers seat bolster shows wear and the dash has smalls cracks on the passenger side. Overall this is a great daily driver, it gets 33mpg on the highway, its smooth and comfortable to drive. Everything in the car is sorted, you can buy it and drive without worrying about gremlins. Cars in this mechanical shape are hard to come by. I recently drove it 3,500 mies in december to phoenix and the grand canyon without any problems!

Only reason for selling is because I want a convertible. Right before i purchased it, the previous ownerI had done the following to the car:
    -New Lemforder control tie rods and Meyle control arms with an e36 steering rack and new power steering hoses.
    -New Bilstein Touring shocks with Meyle HD shock and strut mounts
    -New brakes with Hawk HPS pads and Brembo rotors, bled with ATE fluid.
    -Hella H4 headlights and Thule Roof rack
    -Dinan chip
    -Pioneer head unit with iPod and Aux hook-up
    -Just recently replaced the head-gasket along with all the gaskets within the head, its been resurfaced and cleaned to remove carbon build up. Of course a new timing belt was recently installed so you don't have to worry about that. Also a new oil pan gasket and front crankshaft seals. Also new ignition cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires. Cooling system tune up with new water pump, thermostat, all new hoses and a new fan clutch. (Engine runs great!)

As stated, the previous owner made the car practically perfect. I have owned it since June of 2012 and have kept up with the oil changes every 3k miles. It has never failed me and has always been reliable.

Asking price is $4000 but i am wanting to sell quickly so don't be shy to shoot some offers. The last few pictures are with some the style 5's that i may include in the sale for the right number....

Got a bit of a busy schedule with school and work so please text me at 8one6 7ninenine 6nine8three if you're interested or want some current pictures

Pictures from the original ad (car looks practically the same)

at the grand canyon:

Back home after the trip:

Thanks for looking!

Edit: the glovebox latch was broken by my idiot friend and i do have some valuables in there that i would have to get out before selling...all in all, id have to break open the glovebox:(

Also, Ill post some pictures of the surface rust area tomorrow.

And yeah, i know, it needs moar low lolz

Car is located in Kansas City, MO not Colorado....
    Last edited by AlbertoE31; 03-06-2013, 09:51 AM.

Wow super clean car! Wish my '84 was as clean as yours! These make GREAT DD cars guys. Stick a limited slip diff in there and its a dream to drive on a DD basis.
    GLWS!
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

^ Thanks man!

Heres a picture of the surface rust:

Dont know much about body work, but i don't think it would be hard to fix.....

Price is obo and i am wanting to sell quickly so feel free to shoot me some offers!

Comment

Good luck with selling this thing! As far as the glovebox goes, I found a replacement glove box handle on ebay for $20 - so don't sweat it being broken
        sigpic

Comment

Bump. $3,700 obo!

Comment

I want your seats. Seriously.

Comment

sold!

Comment

Working...
              X