My Cirrusblau 335i - Updates Cometh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cirrusblau 335i - Updates Cometh

Hello R3V'ers, after months of searching it's finally time to introduce my newest car, second BMW, and first E30. She's a 1989 325i, Cirrusblau Metallic on Tan comfort interior.

It was completely stock except for headers, (not sure what brand), catless exhaust, some sort of cold air intake, and Dinan chip. The body has around 145k and the engine has around 65k (still an M20, just swapped from a lower mileage 325i). Overall condition is great, a few dings and chips here and there but nothing bad for a 23 year old car. Paint still shines up nicely. One decent sized rust spot that has been treated somewhat, under the batter tray. Flawless interior.

My original plans for it were the following: 15" Euroweaves, new suspension, IS lip + spoiler, M-Tech 1 steering wheel, and Euro trim. Some of this I've done, some of it I've decided to go in a different direction.

For anyone who's interested, here is a link to my e46 thread (sport suspension has since replaced with an H&R touring kit, the car sits much nicer): http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=883110

These pictures were taken as it was when I took ownership:

Since then, I've done the following

Exterior:

- Yakima roof rack (not pictured)
    - Repainted front grills/headlight surround
    - Replaced cracked high beam lens
    - New fog lights
    - Euro plate filler (still in the box at the moment)

Suspension/Wheels:

- JOM Coilovers
    - New control arms, sway bar ends, tie rods, FCABs, and rear shock mounts
    - Ronal LS 15x7.5 with Falken ZIEX ze-912

Interior:

- M-Tech 1 steering wheel
    - New SI board to fix tach/econometer (currently a work in progress)
    - Black door pulls/pockets

General Maintenace:

- Oil change
    - Alignment
    - Redline trans/diff fluid

and that's about it. Plans include vinyl sport seats, euro trim, a new air intake to replace the shitty cone filter thing, and a muffler to replace my rusted out OEM one (recommendations are very welcome, I'm thinking Megan Racing) and other than that just general maintenance action.

I did a quick photoshoot at one of my favorite spots after getting the exterior detailed for the winter. No interior shots at the moment as the cluster is all taken apart while I chase down this stupid tachometer problem.

Last edited by dishwab; 04-23-2016, 07:47 PM.

Holy shit that's clean... Good find!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

can you say MINT!

Comment

Hell of a find there dude. Love that color!
        BUILDTHREAD
        WTB LIST

Comment

really starting to love this colour
          sigpic
          Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

That shit is cuhleen

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

mmmm, headers. do want
              OO=[][]=OO Zinno 1989 325i

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=257295

Comment

Woah...very nice!
                sigpic

Comment

Very clean !
                  E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

Thanks everybody, yeah I was really happy to find it. Craiglist find in Central Illinois. It was a bit of a hike but thanks to my lovely girlfriend I was able to make it there and back with a quick stop in Chicago, not a bad little weekend.

I wasn't sure at first, but I really love the color. I wanted brilliantrot or alpine white initially but I'm glad I found this beauty, a little more unique and the paint really is nice.

Comment

very clean... is that a home made strut bar????

Comment

Originally posted by VANOS714 View Post
                        very clean... is that a home made strut bar????
                        Haha, yeah it is, good spot. The PO owned a machine shop and built that himself. It actually looks pretty nice in person, has a BMW logo laser etched into it, but I'm not convinced that it actually does any thing stability wise.

Haven't gotten around to taking it off yet, I will and see if I can notice any difference with/without

Comment

Great find and good luck with the new car. I bought an '87 Cirrusblau 325i this past January and I totally agree about the color; it's pretty rare, which is too bad because it really grows on you.
                          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

very clean...

Comment

By far my favorite color for the e30's.. Gonna repaint my alpine this when I finish restoring it I think...

Comment

Working...
                              X