Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a replacement for the C191 "bitch plug"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a replacement for the C191 "bitch plug"?

I am slowly encountering all of the bitch parts this car has to offer (bitch tube, etc). Has anyone tried using a different style connector instead of simply bypassing it (or replacing it with a salvaged OEM part)? For instance, my Audi has a few DT connectors in various places and they seem to work well. What about replacing the C191 plug with something like this?

I am considering addressing this stupid connector while I have the intake mani off the car for re-finishing. Thoughts?
    1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
    2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

...or maybe even the 6-pin version, since there is an extra wire on the injector harness that allegedly goes to nothing.

http://www.034motorsport.com/wiring-...pin-p-289.html
    1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
    2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

Yes, this would certainly work very well, and would be a no-brainer to install while the manifold is off. Most people that hack together and bypass the C191 are doing themselves a disservice if the injector harness ever has to be removed.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I've used Weather Pack 6 pin connectors for this. Although C191 is a 7 pin connector the two brown (ground) wires can be combined. The one goes to the gauge temperature sensor isn't even used.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Good thread, was just looking into this myself. This saved me some time. I'm going to go with the 6 pin connector. The c191 plug can cause several issues that can be difficult to diagnose since it mimics other electrical/sensor issues. I've been fighting corrosion on mine.
          90 325i DD/Track
          03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
          It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

Mine actually looks good so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie. My injector harness is also in reasonably good shape but seems to be of a different design than most of the ones I see on other cars. Was there a design change at some point? My wiring is not contained in a protective cover...its just sort of "out there". Looks like this:

Can someone please let me know if they have any information regarding differences in this harness over the years?

Thanks...
            Last edited by boy412; 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM.
            1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
            2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

other connector that would work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weather-Pack-6-Pin-Weatherpack-Kit-20-18-AWG-/230618061674?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item35b1e85b6a &vxp=mtr

And $5-$6 shipped

Last edited by brickwhite; 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

that's Jim's weatherpack connector you have there...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Who is Jim? The only Jim I know of in the BMW community is Mr. C. ;)
                  1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
                  2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by boy412 View Post
                    Can someone please let me know if they have any information regarding differences in this harness over the years?

Thanks...
                    The early injector harnesses are like your picture. Around 1987-1988 the injector harness was changed to include a connector rail. At some point very late in production the connector rail was eliminated and the design reverted to the early style. If you get a new harness from BMW now, it will have the early style injector harness.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks jlevie...that's helpful info. I kind of like the rail style and how the wiring is encapsulated, but I think I'm going to wrap up these exposed wires as best I can and re-use the existing harness. Must be a reason the engineers abandoned that rail.
                      1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
                      2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

Dang.. wish i woulda thought of something like this just last week.. sigh.
                        Gangster rap coincidentally happened to make me do "it"

Comment

Thanks jlevie...that's helpful info. I kind of like the rail style and how the wiring is encapsulated, but I think I'm going to wrap up these exposed wires as best I can and re-use the existing harness. Must be a reason the engineers abandoned that rail.
                          Not sure why they went back, but with the rail in there it's more difficult to service the injectors. You also have to pull the rail loose to swap the thermostat sensor. So I give a +1 to no rail.
                          90 325i DD/Track
                          03 Durango 5.9

It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

More difficult to service? Excellent. I'll order one of those rails right away. Since its sitting inside the intake manifold (which is also a PITA to service) it can keep the bitch tube and bitch plug company. ;)
                            1988 Alpineweiß 325iC
                            2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T

Comment

More difficult to service? Excellent. I'll order one of those rails right away. Since its sitting inside the intake manifold (which is also a PITA to service) it can keep the bitch tube and bitch plug company. ;)
                              nice

FWIW, I have a bitch trifecta going on. Corroded c191, leaky head gasket, vacuum leaking bitch tube. If I didn't love my e30 so much I'd hate it more than cancer.
                              90 325i DD/Track
                              03 Durango 5.9

Comment

Working...
                              X