No announcement yet.

RedMeat: LS6 Powered, M3 Flared, LTW Project - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,i don'n know your answer. To know your answer go and take expert views.
    Welcom to this forum site to know the top ten classified website.
    [url=//www.****************.com] Top Ten classified website [url]

Comment

I got the ESR wheel in and did a quick test fit on the front passenger side.

I kept the same 10mm spacer on the hub from when the 9.5" APEX were installed. Meaning the setup is 285/30-18x10" et15.

I love the little poke that it has although it can't turn at full lock because it hits the rear part of the frame rail, the front will be taken care of with a tube frame. The two options I can think of off the top of my head are:
      • Space it out ~10mm more and trim the fender and skirt to clear the wheel being turned
      • Notch the frame somehow ~10mm to allow me to go full lock on a 10" wheel and not chop up my body panels

Anyways, onto the pictures. The closeup with the greaseball on the wheel is how close I am to the fender and skirt.

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
      1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

Nomnom. Can't wait to see the body all done. 18s don't look too big at all compared to some 17s on regular-bodied e30s.
        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

I'm liking that wheel. Doing those all the way around?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

How much would you have to shave off the rail/back of the fender to clear?

I feel like if you have to have a lot it would be better to notch the frame and have smooth body panels.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
              Nomnom. Can't wait to see the body all done. 18s don't look too big at all compared to some 17s on regular-bodied e30s.
              i know! i was all worried about the 'donk' look but i love how this wheel looks.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              I'm liking that wheel. Doing those all the way around?
              the plan is to run these at first and then turn them into the street set when i can afford apex/r compounds

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
              How much would you have to shave off the rail/back of the fender to clear?

I feel like if you have to have a lot it would be better to notch the frame and have smooth body panels.
              that's what i'm thinking too, i'm gonna stack some spacers up and see how far it needs to go OUT to clear the frame rail, then i know how much i'll need to take off the frame rail to clear lock to lock. the fender/skirt is already filed down a bit but i don't really want to chop it up but the fact of fitting meaty rubber on the front is more important than looks lol

Comment

widebody has been sold... my feelings are indifferent.

it's so sad and naked, i need to get it rolling now.

although, i'm not entirely sure what the future holds for this project.

- make it wider & properly finish the build, for about $20k

- make it wider & tame down the build, for about $11k

- get an E9xM3 for daily/hpde after i graduate next may for ~$35k

all options are expensive.
                the M3 could be driven every day and still taken to a couple track days/autox events
                the E30 would be driven maybe 20 days a year but be a god damn riot to drive

i have some thinking to do..

Comment

Just tame it down and get it done. Been a shelf for to long haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

O.O not the wide body :'(

Well, i say tame the e30 build and then you can use that as the track/every day driver.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      O.O not the wide body :'(

Well, i say tame the e30 build and then you can use that as the track/every day driver.
                      well, 'tamer' still includes a roll cage so it won't be daily driven. i'm not about all that fuhraze, i drive with a cage on the street bs.

i still have my euro s52 dd to have fun with on the streets as well. it's this car that has become an amazing daily driver that has given me the idea to shoot for more in a daily, a la E9xM.

I guess I should clarify what tame entails;
                      stock e36m brakes instead of custom wilwood bbk
                      t56 instead of tko600rr & tilton race clutch
                      stock axles instead of CATuned
                      stock diff instead of triple clutch refresh
                      simple VDO gauges instead of DASH2PRO
                      ESR wheels instead of ARC8s
                      cheaper tires instead of R888s
                      cheaper paint instead of fancy zinno

It would essentially just tone it all down for a more simple phase but part of me really really wants a V8 M3 car to drive around and then come back to this project after a year or two.

Comment

I'd say get it driving as soon as you can. The more it sits in the garage the less affection you'll have for it, thus losing interest. I like your tone down list and that should get you going. Then as time/money allows, add the better parts.

but selling the body kit... :'(
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Oh and I dont know if I could take a real m3 and put a v8 in it. I'd rather take a regular e30 and add the body kit to it.

that's just me...oh and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

I'd say get it driving as soon as you can. The more it sits in the garage the less affection you'll have for it, thus losing interest. I like your tone down list and that should get you going. Then as time/money allows, add the better parts.

but selling the body kit... :'(

That $12k could be a good down payment on e9xM as well. The thing wanting me to pause is the fact idk what will happen when I graduate, I am thinking I will be relocated with my current company or offered a better position elsewhere and if that happens I can just put the E30 into storage until life has settled down and I won't have $xxxx worth of parts just sitting around waiting for me. I'll never lose motivation for this car lol it will just have times where life slows it down.

As far as body kit. Not many know but this is the plan, I talked to Pesch about making a wider M3 kit for me and this is what they came up with 😀

Oh and I dont know if I could take a real m3 and put a v8 in it. I'd rather take a regular e30 and add the body kit to it.

that's just me...oh and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

By V8 M3 I meant e9x lol

Comment

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
                              I guess I should clarify what tame entails;
                              stock e36m brakes instead of custom wilwood bbk
                              t56 instead of tko600rr & tilton race clutch
                              stock axles instead of CATuned
                              stock diff instead of triple clutch refresh
                              simple VDO gauges instead of DASH2PRO
                              ESR wheels instead of ARC8s
                              cheaper tires instead of R888s
                              cheaper paint instead of fancy zinno
                              This is what you should of done all along. remember dude phases. get that bitch on the track and start adding new shit every season. This car deserves to be hooned.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
                                That $12k could be a good down payment on e9xM as well. The thing wanting me to pause is the fact idk what will happen when I graduate, I am thinking I will be relocated with my current company or offered a better position elsewhere and if that happens I can just put the E30 into storage until life has settled down and I won't have $xxxx worth of parts just sitting around waiting for me. I'll never lose motivation for this car lol it will just have times where life slows it down.

As far as body kit. Not many know but this is the plan, I talked to Pesch about making a wider M3 kit for me and this is what they came up with 😀

By V8 M3 I meant e9x lol
                                Oops my bad
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X