LED License Plate Bulbs | Updated Look | Two Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED License Plate Bulbs | Updated Look | Two Versions

Greetings R3vlimited. Spent a lot of time recently figuring out what fits and what works best in this location. Took lost shipments, testing and ones that simply will not fit into the housing. With how the E30 is setup requires only certain size bulbs to fit into the housing and provide a solid upgrade.

I was also finding while working on my car and others locally that the way the housing is setup the standard halogen bulb burns and melts the housing. This furthers to decrease output as it browns the bulb and housing. Updating to the LED style eliminates this issue.

I have taken the guess work out and offer two fitments. 6 total LEDS or 12 total LEDS. The 6 is the easiest fitment. Just drop in an enjoy. The 12 LED requires a little more work as it just barely clears the housing and gets up into the license plate area.

2x 6 Total LED(Pair) - 8 Shipped
    2x 12 Total LED(Pair) - 10 Shipped

Please PM for Payment Details.

LED Dome and Cargo Light Upgrades - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304646

2x 6 Total LED(Pair)

2x 12 Total LED(Pair)

Results:

Last edited by dinanm3atl; 11-06-2013, 08:27 PM.

Is the picture showing the 12 led? How much dimmer is the 6?
    Current:
    1989 325i
    1988 M3
    1987 325ic
    Past:
    2001 330ci
    2001 M3

Comment

Result photo is the 12 LED(6 LEDs in each bulb) style on both sides. They put out very similar output as the lens on the E30 only lets out so much light. It more comes down to if you want to fiddle with getting the 12 LED up into the trunk/housing :)

That is why I wanted to offer both. Obviously these fit LOTS of BMWs so some might have larger openings/housings in other BMWs so they can grab and go as they need.

Comment

im interested,

ill take a 2 sets of

2x 6 Total LED(Pair) - 8 Shipped

Comment

PM Me. So I can keep track of everyone and make sure they all go out on time :)

Comment

paypal for 2 pairs sent

X2 6 LED bulbs

THANKS RICHARD

Comment

No problem!

Comment

I'll take one pair of the 6 LEDs!
                1988 325i Sedan - Sold
                1986 325e Sedan - Sold
                2000 540i6 M Package - DD

Comment

PM Sent.

Comment

Hey sir, long time no talk - lol; they as blue as the picture looks (might be hue on computer) or are they white?

"Don't Trouble Trouble Until Trouble Troubles You" - Unknown

Comment

They are very white. LEDs do weird things to cameras trying to capture what they look like sometimes. Like on video they look like they are 'blinking'.

There are 'blue ones' but they are terrible ricer blue. These are SMD white LEDs.

Comment

any idea if these will give any error codes? im deff interested in pair for the e30, but lookin for some for the e39 and the mkv...

Comment

Just had that question via PM. I tested my car and a late model. It is just like HID headlights. If you stall the car or had your lights on and then started the car it trips the Check Control. If you fire up the car and turn on the lights(like one would normally do) no codes are thrown on these vehicles.

The E39 you CAN replace with the festoon bulbs. However I would recommend waiting a few days and I will have a specific fitment that's a new housing. For some reason the E39 shares the new style housing(and E32 as well for some reason). E70, E60 and the like.

VW Uses 36/37mm Festoon I believe. I can pull up and check for you?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                            Just had that question via PM. I tested my car and a late model. It is just like HID headlights. If you stall the car or had your lights on and then started the car it trips the Check Control. If you fire up the car and turn on the lights(like one would normally do) no codes are thrown on these vehicles.

The E39 you CAN replace with the festoon bulbs. However I would recommend waiting a few days and I will have a specific fitment that's a new housing. For some reason the E39 shares the new style housing(and E32 as well for some reason). E70, E60 and the like.

VW Uses 36/37mm Festoon I believe. I can pull up and check for you?
                            id appreciate that, i know from personal experience that the e39 touring has little bit different of a housing than standard sedans though... pm me if you get something together, id love to get all the cars situated properly... ;)

Comment

Can you take a photo of it? Looking up at it while it is installed?

I will and we can get one shipment out to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X