Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 5lug option? | Now for the rear too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine today. They look great. Thanks Max!
    Dale
    1991 E30 Touring

Comment

Finally ordered mine! Can't wait

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
      http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Anyone have installed pics yet? Quite curious about these.
        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
          Anyone have installed pics yet? Quite curious about these.
          They have been installed already, here's a link to one of the members build-threads: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=279110&page=9

Max.
          5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
          Leave feedback about my transactions!
          sigpic

Comment

I will be installing my 5 lug kit with 330i rotors and calipers in the future soon. Next to the big 330i rotors on top right is e36 m3 rotor. To the left bottom is e30 m3 rotor.

Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

For anyone wanting to order - have one kit on my hands right now, can offer next day shipping :)

Max.
              sigpic

Comment

Bump :)
                For anyone still willing to order - still got one kit on my hands which i can ship next-day.
                Also if someone did not notice - the For Sale thread has been updated with pics from a user who already installed these, he also made a nice step by step guide.
                The F/S thread can be found right here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=306268

Max.
                sigpic

Comment

Has anyone successfully used their ABS triggers with this kit yet. I'm trying to visualize the best way to re-mount them so they work.

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                    Has anyone successfully used their ABS triggers with this kit yet. I'm trying to visualize the best way to re-mount them so they work.
                    Currently i am not aware of anyone who did this. Also i think there should be a problem regarding the number of teeth the ABS ring has on e30 and on the later ones..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                      Also i think there should be a problem regarding the number of teeth the ABS ring has on e30 and on the later ones..
                      I don't think that will matter, people using full e36 front setups just simply splice the e36 ABS sensors into the stock wiring. I doubt the number of teeth really matters. It's main function it to sense if a wheel has stopped rotating the way I understand it. The design isn't much different anyways.

I'm visualizing a bent sheet metal plate that just moves it to a location where it can set at the correct distance.

Comment

Yes, i would image it as a spacer that moves a little inside and a little otside of the diameter.
                        I myself do not have ABS so cant test it :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Currently i'm dealing with possibly having to move, once i'm settled into a new house i'll be buying a kit. I'll figure something out for those still wanting ABS.

Comment

Sup bros, here's my solution to the ABS 'problem'. No idea if it'll actually hold up... but if it doesn't oh well. There's also another potential solution, but I didn't really like it.

Here's a shot of the ABS ring-to-sensor set up before using the hub adapters:

Here's the potential solution I thought of: grind down the mounting surface for the ABS sensor. It's about the same thickness as the adapter and would push the sensor pickup out far enough. However, it's too irreversible for me, so I decided to go with option #2 first.

Here's a shot of the hub slapped on without modding anything. You can see how the ABS ring isn't close enough to the pickup.

My solution? Tap the edge of the ABS ring with a screwdriver, it'll pop loose. Position it in the correct area and then tack weld the bitch on.

Try to get it as straight as possible. No idea how long this'll last, but I just took a spin around my neighborhood and the ABS light didn't come on... so I guess it works? Whatever, I had nothing to lose. I'll post an update in a few months to let ya'll know if the welds hold or not.

Comment

That's a good idea. I was thinking of doing your first idea but I'll have to see how we'll this holds up

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                              http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Nice idea for those wanting to retain ABS.
                                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X