ebay camber plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay camber plates?

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the camber plates that are offered on eBay? I just don't see the point in spending like 300 on G.C.s when there might be something out there that can do the same job. I'm just worried about quality because well it is ebay.

Specifically I'm thinking about these:

but there is a bunch out there:
    Get the best deals for bmw e30 camber plates at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

main thing i would worry about is the center bearing. If it were me i would go with the cosmo plates, they seem to have more information on them.
    Originally posted by unloadedak
    It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

The center bearing in my eBay plates is actually pretty nice quality. Do some searching, OP. Plenty of threads on this already.
      -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by trippmann View Post
        main thing i would worry about is the center bearing. If it were me i would go with the cosmo plates, they seem to have more information on them.
        yea after looking into it some more I would say your right about that. There site isn't the best but it looks like they have a decent amount of products.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        The center bearing in my eBay plates is actually pretty nice quality. Do some searching, OP. Plenty of threads on this already.
        saw you posted in another thread about ebay plates which ones do you have that you like so much? the polish ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
          yea after looking into it some more I would say your right about that. There site isn't the best but it looks like they have a decent amount of products.

saw you posted in another thread about ebay plates which ones do you have that you like so much? the polish ones?
          Yeah they are from poland.. I didn't buy them directly. I got them from a friend. But they are pretty nice. I took them off after about a year of use (including some track time and lots of autocross) and the bearing was still smooth and play free.
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
            Yeah they are from poland.. I didn't buy them directly. I got them from a friend. But they are pretty nice. I took them off after about a year of use (including some track time and lots of autocross) and the bearing was still smooth and play free.
            Sell emm to me? Haha

Comment

Fuck stay away from the Poland plates. I've said a million times, the "stock springs" setup doesn't clear the spring hat, so I ended up countersinking the bolts, and running a bunch of washers on the strut to stop the hat from binding on the plate.

Then (with billys) there is no room to fully thread the strut nut on, but if you did, it would hold the spring hat in place and the spring would still bind. I ended up keeping it just more than hand tight to lessen the binding, but it loosens up every few days.

When I switched to GE coils, I could take out the stack of washers/spacer between the plates I made, but it would still bind and pull the wheel if I tightened the strut nut.

Eventually I caved and bought GC race plates, steering effort has decreased by a ton, no more binding or clicking, and the car sits like 1/2" lower since their perches are made for coilovers.

I ran the poland plates for a year, went through two sets of bearings (I think the third set have broken races now too, but I haven't checked). After receiving the first set of replacements, I noticed the part number on them, and they're just shitty $10 ebay bearings. The original pair had play when they arrived, as have all the replacements I've put in.

If you still think they're a bargain after reading that, then go ahead.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
              X