Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint 1988 325ix - For sale

Hi R3v,

Up for sale is my 1988 325ix. I just recently purchased another e30 and don't have the time or space to properly care for two. I bought this car two years ago from the original owner and it has been a seriously fun two years. The car was originally serviced at the dealer where it was purchased in PA, and since 2011, at Guten Parts + Service in South Orange, NJ. I've had a great time driving this car from 59k miles to 73k miles, through dry, wet, snow, and a few longer highway trips. It has performed extremely well in all conditions.

Here's a link to my post on the CCA website which includes a few images:

Here's a link to a few more images on an imgur album I created:
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

As many of you all know, the '88 ix came loaded with all of the "is" options, including sport seats, auto windows, auto locks, auto sunroof, 13 button OBC, check panel, premium sound, and so on. All of these items work perfectly.

Since buying the car in 2011, GPS has made many tasteful upgrades to the car. These include upgraded suspension, Bilstein HD shocks with H&R sport springs, a K&N air filter, Rogue Engineering stainless steel brake lines, stainless steel clutch line, Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts, Stromung stainless steel exhaust, z3 short shift kit, new OE floor mats, BMW pedals, ZHP weighted shift knob, GE key-less entry (bought here on R3V), Mark D 91 octane chip, and OE euro grills, to name a few.

The car has been garage kept and washed/cleaned regularly (at least 1x per month - wash, wax, vacuum, leather conditioner for the seats, dash cleaner, etc.). I take pride in keeping the car clean and in good working condition, and as such, it has never let me down or left me stranded.

Car: 1988 325ix.
    Color: Diamondschwartz Metallic - paint is in great shape all around, including the ix side skirts.
    Interior: Silver leather - seats are all in excellent condition. I don't think anyone has ever sat in the rear seats, and I rarely carried a passenger in the front.
    Mileage: 73k.
    Tires: new @ 62.6k miles due to a sidewall puncture on one of the older tires.

I have all service records from the date of purchase, including the original purchase receipt (this car cost around $33k brand new), and window sticker. I also have a gas mileage log of all of my fill-ups since my purchase and can gladly show the different tanks and their mileage (I averaged around 16-18 city and 24-26 highway). Yes, this is admittedly a bit neurotic, but gas mileage is a good indicator that your car is running well. It goes quickly when things go south, so I keep an eye on it.

Timing belt was done in 2011 at GPS, and all fluids were flushed and replaced mid-2012. The 4WD WORKS, and it works well.

Any questions just shoot me a PM and I'll try my best to answer in a reasonably short time frame.

Asking Price: $14,949.

Thanks for your time.
    1988 325ix

Exceptional

Comment

Any question feel free to ask us directly as well. Would love for her to stay local but have no issues someone flying in and driving to anywhere in the country. Amazing car with perfect mods.
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
        Exceptional
        Thanks! I guess it's kind of a DIAMONDschwartztimecapsule.
        1988 325ix

Comment

Mid-morning bump. Any questions, comments, just let me know. Thx.
          1988 325ix

Comment

Hi R3v -

I'm dropping the asking price to $14,000. Reasonable offers will also be entertained. Shoot me a PM.

Any questions just ask. Happy to answer.

Thanks
            1988 325ix

Comment

Is the car in nj or Va?

Comment

The words "mint", "immaculate" and the term "excellent condition" are thrown around so often on this forum I often cringe as I click to open the thread.

This car however is in fact MINT. I saw it at Gfest and it's exceptional. This is not like the other "mint" cars on this forum that are rotted, stanced and owned by some teenager. This is a nice car.

Glws!

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                '92 Mtech2 - Alpinweiss/Mtech Cloth
                '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue View Post
                  Is the car in nj or Va?
                  I'm originally from Arlington (South Arlington - near 395s), so when I first purchased it, my "home" was still in VA. I registered the car there first in 2011, where it passed emissions and the safety inspection - no issues.

However, I technically "live" in NJ. Once I fully changed over my address in 1/2013, I registered the car up here in NJ. That's why you see some pics with VA tags - some with my NJ historic tags.

Unfortunately, my VA registration expired December 2012, and in 2013 it became a historic vehicle (25 years old), so I had to go get it inspected again in December 2012 in VA (it passed - flying colors), only to turn around in January 2013 and register it as a historic in NJ.

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can talk. I'm heading to N. VA tomorrow through Sat. I wasn't going to drive the ix, but I can if you think you would want to purchase.

Let me know.
                  1988 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by Badgtho View Post
                    The words "mint", "immaculate" and the term "excellent condition" are thrown around so often on this forum I often cringe as I click to open the thread.

This car however is in fact MINT. I saw it at Gfest and it's exceptional. This is not like the other "mint" cars on this forum that are rotted, stanced and owned by some teenager. This is a nice car.

Glws!
                    Thank you. That's very kind. This car was treated like a baby by the original owner so I don't feel I can take too much credit. Although, I have continued to keep it clean, nice, and in good working order through Guten Parts. It was just fortunate for me to live close by their shop.
                    1988 325ix

Comment

Hey R3v,

I'm bumping for an asking price drop to $13.5k. I'm running out of space fast (2 more cars coming in this week), and am looking to find the car a good home.

As said I'm open to offers. Send me a PM and let's talk.

Thanks.
                      1988 325ix

Comment

Bump!...

For a top shelf owner who cares about and knows his BMW e30(s)!

If I only had the space, I would buy this car!

GLWS Isostar13... but you should really keep it. Everyone needs 2 e30s :)

Comment

I'll say it again. Exceptional.

Comment

Congrats! You made it on BAT, being discussed now. GLWS!
                            RESTART

Comment

It should go fast.

Beautiful car. GLWS!
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                              X