Slightly Overbuilt E30 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly Overbuilt E30 2014

Whats up fellas! I haven't really been posting too much lately, life has been keeping me busy... Upon Mr. Radowski finally going faster than me, the fire has been lit back under my ass. A bunch of changes are going on and working towards more. Here's a start to documenting some of whats been going on with the car.

The motor has been back together for a while with pistons from Maximum Psi/ Vac Motorsports. They are 10.5:1 CPs, I coated the crowns and skirts in house. OEM fiber headgasket with a copper O-ring this time around. Studs are 11mm L19 arps. Thanks to Perry for the 11mm tap jig use. Also did a half fill of hard blok to help stabilze the bottom of the bores.

Together before going in

Condor Speed Shop hooked it up with some solid bushings for all over. I'm hoping the subframe riser bushings will help me dial in the rear end a little bit more and the control arm bushings will keep the tires in place. Also was in need of some replacement motor and trans mounts as the poly mounts have taken a beating over the years with heat and abuse.

Garagistic was awesome enough to hook me up with one of their manual pedal brackets so I could ditch the booster. Some slight modification on the bolt through bracket thats provided with the kit. It would have worked the same way bolting though, but i wanted to keep the clean look of the bay.

Also finally built the NHRA bellypan. Still have to put some wings on the sides right behind the rad and a couple more mount points but its a good start.

In order to fit the pan with out i hanging down ridiculously low, i needed to modify the oil pan as my motor doesn't sit at the oem angle. chop chop, shortened pan by 1.5" and leveled off the bottom. Modified the oil pick up tube as well.

Also my good buddy Ryan convinced me it was a good idea to clean up the bay while the engine was out. Looking at the before, i couldn't really argue with him..

This is how it currently sits as i start redoing the wiring once again. Those of you that have seen in the glove box of my car know what i'm refering to...

Here's my last dyno numbers from when the car was last together. Couldn't get the nitrous hit to stick on the dyno but you can tell by the hump in the begining if the second graph that it really helps light the turbo off. Hopefully I can better these numbers this year and make it down the track in one piece!

MaximumPSI.com

do I..........is that.........943HP????
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

this thing is the gnar

Comment

Insanity.

Comment

I'm hoping to make a little more power and go faster. But that goal never ever ever changes
          MaximumPSI.com

Comment

Ill have you know Im only slightly jealous.

Do you have any videos? This looks like a wicked clean build, but do you even get traction at 900hp?

Comment

http://bmwsob.com is my lame website and has my YouTube channel
              MaximumPSI.com

Comment

You mad fucker, I love it.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Mother of god thats fast.

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Beast!!

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Ridiculous

Sent from my GS4 Active
                        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Fucking right!!
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

Thanks guys. Hopefully some updates soon.
                            MaximumPSI.com

Comment

Schweet!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X