MA - 1986 -M535i - $4,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA - 1986 -M535i - $4,000

1986 M535 Running and Driving DC51 "Clean" motor, Ok-Good Condition $4,000.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PeteD; 07-19-2014, 08:28 PM.

Looks pretty good. Hopefully she will find a good home. GLWS

Comment

PM sent to you

Pm

Comment

I have had great conversations with fellow enthusiasts.

-It is titled as a 535 Sedan.

My apologies for not updating pictures yet. I have taken some specific pictures under request and happy to continue to do so.

Thanks heatmakerz!

Comment

This looks like a great deal, some minor work and this car would be such a great driver! GLWS
          1988 BMW 535is - 5spd - H&R - POS

Comment

Thanks! I figured someone would have grabbed it by now. No worries on my end though. The longer this sits the more my arsenal of parts grows to update it and enjoy.

Comment

I thought posting this car for sale would curb this behavior. Therefore, I'm blaming everyone here for the recent splurge on all the parts I bought for this car; And by parts I mean s52, zf transmission etc. The longer this car is in my possession the more justification I have to hoard parts. This isn't my fault guys...you did this!

Comment

Still available for a good home.

Comment

Wow I would love to own this car, would have to sell my 91 318is first. im really suprised this hasnt sold yet GLWS

Comment

Thanks! To be fair to the "buyers" out there, I haven't pushed this car, for a sale, very hard. It was more of a piece of mind for me as I floated this thread and figured if someone wants it, they'll make the effort. Once Slammin and Ashley passed on it I knew I had some work ahead of me if I REALLY wanted to sell it. haha

Recent sales show prices of e28s in different forms: M5 original, M535i with S5x swap, (all allegedly well sorted and rust free) ranging anywhere from mid teens to the mid thirties.

e28 - M5/M535 Sales

"M5" s54 motor swap $34,600 eBay

Restored M5 $30, 000 eBay

Very Clean M5 $31, 000 Forum

535is euro Conversion $13,000 Forum

1985 M535 - $6,000 Forum

M535 $6,500 Forum

Such sale price information reflects what I have been running into. There are people out there willing to pay up for the car if it is well sorted and in excellent condition, but not as many willing to work on the car themselves; A reciprocal of the e30 market. haha

Like slow4door already mention, some minor work and this would be a great driver. Some more work it could be a $7-10K car in this market; some more work with a proper/well done motor swap...yikes! Granted I bought it without knowing these sales comps - but like you said, I'm surprised it is still here, not that I mind.

Comment

Last Call

Comment

If i had the $$ id be on this,Im just a broke girl I have no moneys :/

Comment

I know, you were my first call when I considered selling! It has since gone to a good home - young BMW Tech.

Comment

Congrats on the sale

Comment

Glad it went somewhere hopefully they take care of it. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X