Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom badges and...anything

so the story goes...

I saw somewhere that someone had an e30 badge on their trunk instead of a 325. I was immediately intrigued because I felt my M50 swapped ETA deserved a different badge than the old 325. I found some plastic letters and numbers at advance auto but Didn't really like the way they looked

Then the other day a friend of mine told me he got a 3d printer, and I just so happen to manage an aluminum foundry, so we started drawing...

Skidmark is our race team. We build 2002's and have been racing them for quite some time and just recently got into chumpcar with an e30 under the name ronalds racers.

then we hit the print button and out popped this

Then it was cast

cleaned up and sandblasted

Then "polished"

This is definitely just a prototype. It needs to be a good bit larger and the finishing needs some work but once I work all the kinks out I should be able to make all kinds of cool stuff.

Im posting this here to see if there is a need/want for this kind of stuff. If there is maybe Ill open up shop and start doing all kinds of custom stuff for BMW guys. If you have a logo or want something specific let me know and we can probably work something out. Im not sure what this stuff will cost but the more you order the cheaper it is. We also do a lot of custom mugs and license plates/frames. Not really sure what to expect here just throwing a feeler out there to see if people are into it. hopefully someone thinks this stuff is as cool as I do lol
    84 325m50
    87 325is
    01 325i

Custom Cast and Powder Coated Trunk Badges FOR SALE 327, 330, 332, 335, 340

Wait. Do you guys have/take care of an Inka 2002 that vintage races in the Northeast?

Sorry to completely derail the thread, haha...
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I used to have the e30 badge on my car but got rid of it. Next one that goes on is going to be 327 after my head is done. Nice idea.

Feedback Thread

Comment

We did. We built a street version which I think there's a pic of in my profile and then there was a track car bob breed used to race but I believe he sold it.

327 is a good one I'll put that on my art list thanks :)
        84 325m50
        87 325is
        01 325i

Comment

The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.

You might be talking about the 204 car. Idk tho inka is a pretty popular color on an 02
          84 325m50
          87 325is
          01 325i

Comment

I semi debated getting a 328 and the t badge from a ti for my 2.8 turbo just to throw people off lolz

Originally posted by blunttech
            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Maybe make a turbo emblem up off of the old 2002 turbo script that was written down the side? Think it was cursive? Would be easy enough to cast? Possibly make a small one for adding at the end of the badge and a larger one that would replace the entire badge.... Just so there's options :)
              84 325m50
              87 325is
              01 325i

Comment

Not sure how that would look on an e30 but it's cool
                Attached Files
                84 325m50
                87 325is
                01 325i

Comment

Originally posted by ian325is View Post
                  Www.skidmarkracing.net

You might be talking about the 204 car. Idk tho inka is a pretty popular color on an 02
                  That's the one! I met him for the first time here:

The car seems very well set up! Nice work!

I think it would at least be worth a look what the turbo script would look like on an E30 fender, especially with the number of guys running them.

Speaking of, have you posted on 2002faq and the classic section of Bimmerforums yet? I bet all the E9/2002 guys would be interested in replacement decals for their cars since I'm sure the originals are either NLA or pretty expensive at this point.
                  Last edited by ELVA164; 11-07-2014, 07:05 PM.
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

You win with this one...think green!

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                      I think it would at least be worth a look what the turbo script would look like on an E30 fender, especially with the number of guys running them.
                      got me wondering too...

If you shaved the side molding and had the IE 2002 style flares then maybe it would work out. Even more awesome if it has a m10 turbo lol.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

^That doesn't look bad!

Comment

Yes! Keep it coming... We're gonna make some cool stuff ;)
                          84 325m50
                          87 325is
                          01 325i

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                            got me wondering too...

If you shaved the side molding and had the IE 2002 style flares then maybe it would work out. Even more awesome if it has a m10 turbo lol.

I really like that
                            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I like that as well.

Originally posted by blunttech
                              Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Working...
                              X