Fender Damage: What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can i do about this? I am open to hearing all options from rattle-canning it to a full-blown chassis repaint. It is warped and will need some some kind of body work.

I just bought the car and thought i would have a budget for body/paint which has slowly evaporated as i overhauled the engine, redyed the interior, and upgraded the audio system.

All constructive advice is welcome.

www.tycacek.com

Currently Driving:
    1986 325e- Custom Nebula Purple Dip, 5MT, Lukebox. A Perfect DD. ;)

I think to fix it, it would need to be sanded down, worked with a puller/hammer to get dents and wrinkles out, slap on some body filler, sand it smooth to best of ability, use a high build primer like featherfill, wet sand til happy, color match paint, buff. the color match would be done on probably most of that rear quarter. use the body line ans pinstripe to break up the repair from the old paint.
    This should work and you could do it your self if you have patience. body work and paint take a lot of patience.

Comment

here are some pictures of what I did to fix my fenders after rolling/stretching them to fit my larger tires...

Comment

Just paint pen it to knock the ass off and when you have the money get it professionally fixed.

Comment

or that, you could do that too.

Comment

Great advice guys. Thanks!
            www.tycacek.com

Currently Driving:
            1986 325e- Custom Nebula Purple Dip, 5MT, Lukebox. A Perfect DD. ;)

Comment

Sure thing. The paint pen is just eye wash, it takes away the big scar that says "look at me!" It's not going to be great, but at a glance you probably won't even see that it's touched up.

You can probably find gloss black touch up paint at most part stores too.

Comment

Since it's black, rather than use a paint pen, get a can of gloss black spray paint, mask around the damaged area and shoot it. Might scuff it up with a scotchbrite first so the paint sticks better. Josh (Jand3rson) did his front lip with Duplicolor and it matched the stock black perfectly.

Comment

Hrm, wouldn't that result in overspray, blending and tape lines?

Comment

Working...
                  X