Bavarian Autosport Issues - Refundable Core Charge for Driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Autosport Issues - Refundable Core Charge for Driveshaft

On May 1st of this year I ordered a re-manufactured drive shaft from Bavauto. Upon receiving the drive shaft (ordered because of a bad u-joint on my 1990 325is) we installed it within a week and sent back the core.

I understand Beyer, the manufacturer, actually sends and receives the drive shafts/core, But it has been over 3 months since I sent back. I called Bavauto July 2nd and was told by one of the sales reps that their manager is on vacation and he takes in the refunds from Beyer so I'd have to wait for him to return. I just called again today (July 28th) and was told the same thing, that his manager is on vacation.

While I understand things take time, I feel as if three months is a bit much to receive a refund on my core, or any information on it. Has anyone else had any issues like this?

'05 ZHP - Mystic Blue Metallic
    '90 325is - Alpine White
    '85 535i - Zinnoberrot

Sorry man I can't be of help. Just wanted to thank you for bringing this to light as I will be taking my business to bimmerworld for my rebuilt driveshaft :)
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Yeah since then I've moved my shopping to ECS tuning. Much better/cleaner site in general.

'90 325is - Alpine White
      '85 535i - Zinnoberrot

Comment

For an update, the customer service rep urgently called Beyer to find the information about the core I sent back. The money he said should be refunded within 3-5 days. Still off putting that it took so long and three phone calls before anyone moved on the situation.

'90 325is - Alpine White
        '85 535i - Zinnoberrot

Comment

Plus interest right? That is a pathetically long time.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I've moved a lot of my business over to FCP Euro or Pelican. BavAuto seems to gotten complacent in regards to customer service website functionality as of late.

That's crazy it took that long to get your core charge back.
            www.truegearhead.com
            - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

^ every time I call up bavauto about something, the sales rep seems annoyed I'd have a problem. Like it's MY fault they don't pay their web developer to tell list an item as "special order from Germany, takes 2 weeks so go fuck yourself if you wanted the car put back together this weekend." At least he was "able" to drop ship them to me within the time they should have normally arrived by. He really saved the day by following through with what he was supposed to do.

Comparing the websites of ECS and bavauto is like watching the 3rd back to the future

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I've moved almost exclusively to FCP... though did order some Billy HD's from BavAuto when they had a good deal on them. Took a month to get to me, but it did say the wait could be 2+ weeks before I ordered them...

For driveshafts. Driveline Services of Portland is the only place I'll buy from. Got a shaft for my vert the very next day... was crazy. They happened to have one in Dallas and got it to me in San Antonio next day. Took me a couple of weeks to get around to putting it in... sent the old shaft back out with their box and return label. Had refund a couple days after FedEx delivered the core.
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                -----------------------------------------
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

BavAuto used to be pretty good...

A few years ago. When my dad had his E46, he'd go there for parts exclusively as their customer service and speed was great. They've gotten real shitty lately and I've moved to FCP Euro, Pelican or Turner Motorsport.
                  "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                  The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

thats nuts dude when i got my drive shaft from pelican they refunded my card in 3 days, their own website says up to a week. Did you try calling the reman company? if they won't return your core charge then talk to your bank or card company they might have a protocol around these things
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

For an update, I finally received my refund. Yeah, ECS tuning is where I've moved my business.

'90 325is - Alpine White
                      '85 535i - Zinnoberrot

Comment

BavAuto for all your overpriced BMW needs. I've seen less than a year old spark plug wires from them and they consistently overpriced to competitors.
                        1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                        1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                        1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                        E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

I hate how you cant even browse their site without putting in your make and model. I stopped buying from bavauto years ago.
                          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

They charge more for some parts than the dealer.
                            Originally posted by Sonny
                            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                              They charge more for some Chinese parts than the dealer does for Genuine ones.
                              Touched that up for you.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                              X