Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Scammer Barry

DONT SELL TO "BARRY" OTHERWISE YOULL REGRET IT

I was nice enough to stop my eBay auction for my window breaker switch (that was pulled from my car a few weeks prior and working 100% fine but I swapped it to e36 style switches)

I figured I would help out and sell to a r3v member but that certainly turned out to bite me in the ass.

here is the pic I took for the seller as I sent it out

a few days pass (again absolutely no contact from the buyer at any point) and I get an email from PayPal that this "BARRY" guy is disputing the payment saying it wasn't working. I don't believe it for a minute but I agreed with PayPal that he should return the item and ill send back a refund.

well this guy doesn't send me back my window breaker switch and PayPal sided with the buyer and sent him a refund anyway.

total fucking shit move.

so barry can fuck off.

It's these type of people I wanna find and lynch from a tree.....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have been having some shinanigans recently. Keep all paperwork I am learning. One tried to G&S pay me but asked for a
      Shipment to an unverified address. Called him out on it. Then says he never rec'd the item. Opened investigation with UPS. Confirmed delivery. He said he never got it. Showed him the UPS report. He asked who signed for it.. IDFK. Never heard from him again. A new member.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I don't do business with new members (less than 3 yrs membership with at least 50 posts OR more than 500 posts) unless they'll send as a gift. It's unfortunate but I'd rather wait on a sale than deal with a charge back and lose my item.

Protect yourself both ways. Having a build thread so people know you're real helps too.
        No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

this barry asshole has been a r3v member since 08 and has 1,638 posts.

check out this thread where it all started

then check out the paypal dispute comments he provided.

View dispute comments

9/9/2015 12:51 PDT - Buyer: The item I got is completely different than what I bought. This is not the part I bought.

Comment

Well then there are people with his reputation, him, dogze30, people like that I wouldn't ever do business with.

He's online now. From the looks of all his posts he's having an electrical issue and is unwilling to admit his car is the problem.

Comment

i wish i knew.

i checked the feedback/transactions section for him and the only things posted were good reviews so i didnt see an issue...

well jokes on me.

at least going forward people will know this guy is a douche

Comment

Yes. Post up the bad transactions. It is nice to have a community to swap parts with .. a real benefit. When folks throw a monkey wrench in it, it is a big deal. Can't we all just get along?
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                  I don't do business with new members (less than 3 yrs membership with at least 50 posts OR more than 500 posts) unless they'll send as a gift. It's unfortunate but I'd rather wait on a sale than deal with a charge back and lose my item.

Protect yourself both ways. Having a build thread so people know you're real helps too.
                  Harsh, but I guess justified.
                  Best start me a build thread!

OP, sorry you had this mishap... could have happened to anyone I guess, Barry's profile looks pretty solid to me.
                  One does not simply walk into 4door
                  Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post

I disagree I won't buy from anyone who pushes send as a gift, then again I have never disputed a payment. This situation just shows bad character, but sending as a gift is not a solution to the buyer. Too bad it's now seller beware.

Comment

I saw the thread and offered him window switches. Good thing he declined my offer. I would like to point out that I am not affiliated with this user "Barry."
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

That Clyde Tobin Name sounds really familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by essi1553 View Post
                          I disagree I won't buy from anyone who pushes send as a gift, then again I have never disputed a payment. This situation just shows bad character, but sending as a gift is not a solution to the buyer. Too bad it's now seller beware.
                          I don't and won't ever push. I explain my reasoning and let them know if they can't pay that way I understand. I've only come across one buyer who had an issue with this, and it was a new member with less than 15 posts. It was fine, the whole thing seemed sketchy anyway. If they were actually a serious buyer, I'm sure they got what they needed elsewhere.

Comment

So what is jeffiscars deal in the original thread?

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              So what is jeffiscars deal in the original thread?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...37&postcount=8
                              Ebay gets feisty if they catch you communicating with buyers outside ebay and cancelling auctions to sell direct. It's against their ToS.
                              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                              X