How about a sub level of Moderator - spam removal only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a sub level of Moderator - spam removal only

It has gotten pretty ridiculous over the years. How to determine that a post is spam so that they can remove it, beats me. Maybe it's restricted to being able to remove posts that contain more than 4 links. Don't know if that level of customization is possible though. Or just the ability to edit posts so they delete the links and flag it for removal.

Just throwing suggestions out there. :drink:
    AWD > RWD

Didn't James say they're upgrading to a newer version of vbulletin soon with better spam protection?
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

there is a bunch of mods that basically only do janitor stuff (hi) but we're not on all the time.

the vbulletin upgrade is on its way, but it needs work.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Might not be the worst idea to have spam mods, as long as they don't get petty and abuse the power.

Comment

I'd be happy to participate in just spam removal, it's just irksome to see ten or more threads of nothing but that crap.

Comment

honestly I don't care. It get resolved after a while. The guys are doing their jobs. I think most of us get frustrated that there is spam in the first place (speaking of, why??) but in the end it's taken care of. Even if there's spam at a certain part of the day, most, if not all of it is gone after a certain point. I'm to a point where I just read around it because I know the daily struggle (and I have a fair bit of OCD so what I'm trying to say is.. chill)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I've clicked at the most 5 spam threads in the past year inadvertently. It's easy to tell by the title. Thanks to the dudes that sift through the stuff though. Love this site. Seems like there might be a problem with people joining to try and rip people off in the WTB section though, I will google reference screen names I don't recognize and forward them to Mods if I feel suspect. Can't believe how many overly gullible/unaware people there are.

Comment

Would be great if there were a few steps required when registering that would allow to filter spammers. Let's start by simple questions that only an e30 owner would know. Like what is the car's bolt pattern. Engine code if a 6 or a 4. First three digits of the VIN... Then a mod squad dedicated on removing that filfth if some people make it thru the initial filtering.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Not everyone who registers to the site legitimately - or even who owns an E30 if they're new to them - knows the answers to those things.

Spam filters are picking up some of them automatically since the upgrade, which is great. The rest are continually removed throughout the day and night by the mod team, and every spammer and their IP is reported to a spam database we subscribe to.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                  X