MarkD chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarkD chip

I instlld the 93 octane/stock injector version last week on my 90 325 i. Only drove car for about 1 hr but she clearly pulls harder to redline and seemed to have better throttle response above 4500 rpm. Engine is stock except for a 2.5 " exhaust including a hi flow cat on back to muffler. Car ran poorly for about 20 min ,.......bad idle and wanted to stall. I was warned by another chip user the same happened to him, but after that all was good. I dont know why, maybe car was remapping?........introducing itself to new software?.........Im curious to see how car feels on DE track days. I look forward to the increased redline. Lets hope my rocker arms dont mind.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

It doesn't take long for the computer to remap if you give it a good Ferarri tune up. Meaning, drive the holy #@$%^ out of it for about 20 minutes. It'll run much better afterwards. :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mine is fantastic. Much better than stock, good use of money.

'88 325is
      VP UT of Austin Autoholics
      BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC
        Mine is fantastic. Much better than stock, good use of money.
        Same here!

Pete

Comment

how is it compared to a JC chip anyone?

Comment

Comparisons show Mark's Chip beat the Conforti in all aspects I beleive.

As far as the comment about the new redline, its cool to have, but realistically do E30's make any power above 6250ish rpm anyway. Ive heard they dont so its no use reving above 6500 regardless of changes (minor ones)
            Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

The Gary chip is the MD chip. Big gains over JC and stock.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

wow that's proof............. thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC

The Gary chip is the MD chip. Big gains over JC and stock.

what was the compression of the motor and BTW where can i get an EHIM and a big bore throttle body?? nice graphs...:drink:

Comment

http://www.bmw2002.com/ for the intake. A few people do the big bore throttle body but I am not sure who off the top of my head. Just run a search on yahoo or google.

Comment

ed mazula does the BB throttle bodies

edit: apparently ed's site is no more, or it moved. I don't know if he has a new site or if he's even doing this any more. but at least you know who to look for :)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

just so you know, that car had a 3.5 BAR fuel pressure reg on for the MarkD run, wouldn't make a huge difference, but it definatly gives that chip a false run compared to the JimC.....

Comment

Just finished installing mine and took it for a good drive. I'm in the city right now so theres cops everywhere, but on the way home i'll take it for a good run. As far as i could tell, very, very nice. Worth the extra 10 bucks at the pump. BTW, its a 93 for 19/lb injectors. I don't think there would be much difference between stock and 19 pounders.

-Cam

'05 Jetta TDI
                          '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
                          '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
                          '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

^ Cant wait to hear back from you with a more thorough story. Im getting ready to put mine in this month, same setup (19lbers + 93 Oct. Chip)
                            Einige Autos dürfen nicht runter gehen... einfach weil sie so spezial sind. - Wenn man von BMW's der '70 und '80 Jahre redet.

Comment

Originally posted by BahnE30
                              just so you know, that car had a 3.5 BAR fuel pressure reg on for the MarkD run, wouldn't make a huge difference, but it definatly gives that chip a false run compared to the JimC.....
                              Huh? What exactly do you mean by that? False run? What?

Stock compression on that motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X