Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum, got some Q's!!

Hello all…
    My names ali, I’ve been browsing but haven’t came out and introduced myself.. I’m new to BMW and I’ve been studying up. I’ve learned some but I still have a lot of questions.

My previous car was a VW Gti. Just sold it about a week or two ago. Heres a few pics.

K now, I saw Andre’s car for sale in the classifieds, loved the look of the car. Here’s the thread.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2377303

The asking price was 5500. I figured the wheels alone were about $2500-3000 and the interior job was probably around $3000 so I jumped on it.
    Now after doing some research, I learned that there are a lot of Andre haters on the board? Not sure why, I’ve only met him once. Seemed ok to me. And also a lot of haters on the car. I read that the car is made up of lots of bondo. Any other things I need to know about the car?

Well this is where you guys come into play…
    Recently bottomed out in a very large pothole that was filled with water and damaged the bumper and oil pan. I’ve been searching for a new MtechII bumper but I can only seem to find them in 2 separate pieces? I PM’d Andre on vortex and asked if he had molded the bumper and valance together, he said he had purchased it as one whole bumper. Now my question here is does anyone know where I can find a fiberglass ONE piece mtechII bumper/valance?

Once I find a bumper I plan on pulling the motor and doing a full re-spray on the car. If you guys have any input on a color feel free to give me some ideas! I’ve been looking all over and still haven’t come up with one.
    Now after the re-spray I am looking to swap in an S50. Seems like a pretty mild swap. I don’t want to go into detail.

All in all I’m just looking for some advice from you guys. I don’t want to dump all my money into something that’s not worth it.
    Thanks a lot dudes/dudettes!!
    -Ali

Put your Nomex on, dude.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

sorry dude. his car sucks

bondo kit
      stupid low suspension which is i guess popular because of how useless it is
      (but still better than your semi-independent suspension on the GTI)
      stupid wide wheels... with stupid narrow tires

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
        Put your Nomex on, dude.

Comment

nice GTi wheels have me salivating!!
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

step into the BMW LIGHT !

welcome

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

That thread on the tex is super old....

Andre just sold his s4, I think he is going vr6.

Comment

Well, I plan on replacing the bumper and skirts. Should I go MTechII on the front again? Or do you guys have any input? And im not to crazy about the MTechII skirts, what else is out there?

Comment

Well you're going to get a lot of the same crap that Andre heard since you now own his old e30. Forget about it, the car is in new hands which means that everything he did to the car is controllable by you. As far as respraying the car, I'd go with a similar/same silver. If you change the color, you'll want to go into great detail to do it correctly.
                  Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Yea I know what you mean. I plan on doing the S50 swap so thats why i wanted to pull the motor so i can get the engine bay sprayed as well, might as well do it right. As for the front bumper... does anyone have any info on this one? its HOT.

Comment

BMP RS1 kit

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Do you know where i can get it? And I've read there are different fitments for the different year E30's. Would it be a problem to fit to my 85?

Comment

www.abrahamsmotorsport.com carries Mtec2 pieces

welcome to the wonderfull world of E30's

Take everyone with a grain of salt here!

How do you like the E30 compared to your Jolf?

Comment

Originally posted by shylo
                            Do you know where i can get it? And I've read there are different fitments for the different year E30's. Would it be a problem to fit to my 85?
                            the BMP kit fits very poorly... however there is so much bondo on the car already that it may not matter... personally i was a fan of andre's car just not his wheels...

if i were you i would but another real mtech kit and rase the suspension a bit and keep it the same color
                            e30sport.net
                            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
                              www.abrahamsmotorsport.com carries Mtec2 pieces

welcome to the wonderfull world of E30's

Take everyone with a grain of salt here!

How do you like the E30 compared to your Jolf?
                              Thanks for the info man..

Yea i checked them out... the only thing is they sell the mtech bumper in two seperate pieces? Andres Mtech was one solid piece... and he told me he got it from germany, so who knows... I really like the look of the bumper posted above, i figure if im replacing, might as well switch it up so i can somewhat call it my own.

It's def a lot different then the VW. The VW was MUCH faster... but thats cause I had basically every bolt on there is and Andre didnt really add much to the not so fast M20 :oops:. So thats why I've been lookin at the S50 swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X