New to the forum, got some Q's!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
    the BMP kit fits very poorly... however there is so much bondo on the car already that it may not matter... personally i was a fan of andre's car just not his wheels...

if i were you i would but another real mtech kit and rase the suspension a bit and keep it the same color
    Hm, correct me if im wrong... I read somewhere that plastic bumpers dont fit on the earlier e30's? Would that mean i couldn't run a real Mtech? I heard that only the fiberglass bumpers fit?

Comment

They do fit they just arent a direct swap on anything but an 88.
      Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

So how would i have to modify it to make it work?

Comment

A lot. Basically everything in the back has to be trimmed down an inch which is harder than it sounds without making it look like crap.

The front will go on fine so if you just messed up the front you could get the genuine kit but the one that was on the car is a single piece fiberglass knockoff.

Personally, Id just replace the front and fix the oilpan. Lord knows what you are going to find if you start digging in the car.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

yea...

well... i plan on fixing the front... he definitly went about mounting this thing pretty crazy. How big is the re-bar suppose to be on these cars? because he has some sort of homemade mounts setup to hold the bumper on.. ill post some pics tonight and see what you guys think of what i should do..

as for the oil pan... looks like the oil pump came out with it. I planned on doing a s50 swap to begin with thats why i figured i might as well do it now then to dump more money into the current motor.

Comment

I think the rolled/bondo'd fenders were the only thing that truly bothered me about that car.

Doesn't Fil from Eurostyle offer an M-tech II replica kit that is made to be a direct fit to early model E30's?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

oh nice...

do they have a website?

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  Doesn't Fil from Eurostyle offer an M-tech II replica kit that is made to be a direct fit to early model E30's?
                  How can I get in contact with him?? I am looking evvvverywhere for an mtech I or II kit and having absolutely no luck.

BTW welcome Ali, I am pretty new too :D
                  ...Sam :D

Comment

They don't have a web site. Register over at www.maxbimmer.com, he posts there. His username is Eurostyle or Eurostyle or something like that. It won't be too hard to find him.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Were you saying you dont like the skirts on the car now, or the actual mtech2 skirts. I havent been a big fan of the reiger skirts that are on the car now, but mtech2 are much more sutble and clean. They do make a one piece fiberglass mtech2. Is it really bad enough not to repair?
                      Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport
                        Were you saying you dont like the skirts on the car now, or the actual mtech2 skirts. I havent been a big fan of the reiger skirts that are on the car now, but mtech2 are much more sutble and clean. They do make a one piece fiberglass mtech2. Is it really bad enough not to repair?
                        The front is def not repairable... and i wasnt a huge fan of the skirts on it now. One skirt took a crack to it, so i figure if im doing a re-spray i might as well get some cleaner skirts.

Comment

Was there another owner between you and Andre?

I'm curious to see some of the latest pictures of it.... I don't know how many miles have been put on the current work.

I would like to see the sides skimmed and blocked out. A professional job on that car would be a true head turner.

I still think it is hot with less than perfect work. Let the flames begin.

Comment

This car is an eta? laff.

Comment

saw the car in person pre schmidts/ interior...was hot then...always liked that car

Comment

oh yea? where did you see it at?

I recall that it was a popular attraction at Waterfest a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X