X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs always in my bedroom, wtf is this?

click for lifesize

28 LEGS! WTF!

I find these F$%^ing things all over my house...but only once it's been dark for a while and I turn on the lights. This one was in my bedroom 5 minutes ago, and they scare the crap out of my girlfriend.
    These little cocksuckers can MOVE.

Any ideas? Do they bite? Do they burrow under your skin, lay eggs, then make you die and explode with their children?

p.s. If you kill their backhalf, their front half will run away with total disregard, so be careful.
    Last edited by clutterbucker; 08-07-2006, 10:14 PM.
    - 2000 Audi S4 Stg 2 (sold)
    - house (bought)
    - 1997 Civic Hatch (shaky but driveable)
    - 2010 Sportster 1200 Forty Eight Ed. (vroom)
    - 1991 318is S50B30 (TBA)

Woah, those are some ugly mofos. No idea what the hell they are, but makes me glad I only see a spider once every few months ;) It looks like a slug with legs! ew

Comment

you should see these things move if you don't kill them right away or if they catch you off gaurd. It's probably a good 5mph...I mean, I have to jog to keep up.

Someone help me decide whether this is worth paying an exterminator to come into my home. I've never been bit, but I'm sure that some time in my sleep one will crawl on me, and bite me, and I don't want to die when that happens.
      - 2000 Audi S4 Stg 2 (sold)
      - house (bought)
      - 1997 Civic Hatch (shaky but driveable)
      - 2010 Sportster 1200 Forty Eight Ed. (vroom)
      - 1991 318is S50B30 (TBA)

Comment

looks like a diputs.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Are they fucking tiny?

My rents used to get those in their sinks and shit, they were always after the water. The Orkin man solved that shit in a hurry but I guess its the bane of living in a forest.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

its called a House Centipede - my parents' old house had a bunch of 'em.

first article on google: http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/housece.html :

House centipedes feed on small insects, insect larvae, and on spiders. Thus they are beneficial, though most homeowners take a different point-of-view and consider them a nuisance. Technically, the house centipede could bite, but it is considered harmless to people.
            I have found that while they're fast and hard to catch, a blast of hair spray will slow them down more and more over the course of a few seconds as it hardens :)

edit: wait, heres more from wikipedia:

The house centipede is capable of biting a human, but this seldom occurs. When it does, it is no worse than a minor bee sting. The worst one can usually expect from a house centipede's bite is some pain and a slight swelling at the location of the bite. The symptoms generally disappear within a few hours. However, the bite can cause health problems for those few who are allergic to the extremely mild venom of its bite, which is similar to that of most normal centipedes. The house centipede's venom is too weak to cause any serious harm to larger pets such as cats and dogs.
            Jay

Comment

edit: ^ beat me to it -_-

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
              Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
              E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

dude those little shits would make me scream like a little pansy girl in a split second
                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Try poisoning the sucker with a pasty mix of:

1.)sugar
                  2.) 20 mule team borax (can be found in laundry detergent at supermarket)

Mix the two together to make a paste. Lay the paste out and hopefully they eat it. I used it to take out an ant invasion at my fiance's rents house.
                  worked overnight!

Its worth a try, no guarantee. Cheaper than the orkin man

Comment

only bug that makes me squirm more than those are full grown (silver dollar sized) palmetto bugs, commonly know as the roach. fuck me i hate those things... and guess what, i live in the palmetto state. uhg.

easiest way to handle that is go to home depot or lowes and buy the home instect spray jug. it comes with a teathered spray gun you pull the handle on and give the whole house a douse. spraying once a month (more than enough), it will last more than a year.

Comment

They can't be trusted.

Remember who it's daddy is.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Get a phone book from Texas.
                        Look up exterminators.
                        Tell them you want the "100 foot radius of death" surrounding your house.

If you can get them to Buffalo they will gladly oblige :)

Comment

uuuuuh.... bedbugs?
                          Recent Rebranding!!
                          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                          E30 SM62/S62
                          E30 M60 V8
                          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                          Instagram.com/garageaholic
                          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

call orkin. dont want centipedes in your gf's vagina.
                            : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
                            Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

I've got those damn thing too, aren't they called silverfish? or is that something else...They are fast and when you smash them they leave a big damn mess..I've found afew that were a good 4 inches long..
                              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Working...
                              X