Shift Carrier Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Carrier Question

e36 or e30 with a s50 and matching tranny.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

e36 everything

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

I don't really see it mattering. But I have no experience with it.

Related question... my 260 transmission doesn't have the mounting bosses for the aluminum shifter carrier. What do I need to do to use the steel one? It's possible, right?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
        .....But I have no experience with it.
        then please dont comment.

use the e36 carrier / linkage with the e36 getrag and e36 zf trans.
        use the e30 carrier / linkage (twisted) with the e30 getrag.

cheers, jason

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M View Post
          e36 everything
          Now i have heard both e36 and e30, maby they are both right. Whatever i have both so it isnt a big deal. Thanks guys.

Comment

ive had both. it depends on the rear youre using. use the getrag if youre running a 3.73. if you go with the zf you need to run the 3.25. in both of my cars i had the 3.73 and believe me when i say 1st was virtually useless and 5th revved way too high with the zf, the overdrive 5th in the getrag is a great thing if you do a lotta highway driving.

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
              Now i have heard both e36 and e30, maby they are both right. Whatever i have both so it isnt a big deal. Thanks guys.

sorry, maybe i was unclear. use the carrier that came with the transmission. the e30 carrier is too short for the e36 transmission (getrag or zf).

with the e36 (getrag or zf) transmission, use the e36 carrier.

cheers, jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
                sorry, maybe i was unclear.
                No i understood, i have just heard from you to use the e36 and from s/o else to use the e30.

Comment

i'll be using these when i swap my tranny to zf. it's UUC selector rod.

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
                    What's the fitment?

Comment

Thats a nice looking piece, you win.

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
                        please let us know if it was worth shelling out $400+ for the piece, i am seriously considering upgrading my truck-like stock e36m3 shifter/linkage...

Alex

Comment

I've been running e36 components (zf 310, carrier) and UUC's EVO 3 linkage with their fancy bushings and the double sheer selector rod for over a year now and it's easily worth the cash. After 1 year, the shifts are the same as they were on day 1 and there is no left to right movement of the shift lever. It has that perfect shnick--shnick feel.

EDIT: although you may want to check Understeer as I got all the peices on sale from them at plenty cheaper than directly from UUC. Also, you won't have to deal with UUC's rather poor service.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by static View Post
                            please let us know if it was worth shelling out $400+ for the piece, i am seriously considering upgrading my truck-like stock e36m3 shifter/linkage...

Alex
                            the kit is for the e36M tranny.

the assembly came with the purchase of the tranny and the guy threw in the shift knob. I'm sure it will be 1000X better than what i have now.

1991 330is

Comment

Ok, I see that I need the e36 shift carrier with the ZF trans.
                              Does the end of the e36 carrier stab into the e30 rubber bushing at the rear?
                              The end seems a bit bigger.
                              Is the e36 rubber bushing compatible with e30 bracket? Is there an upgrade available for that bushing?

Comment

Working...
                              X