Andy's E30 on SSR Comps w/ 235/40/17 Azenis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy's E30 on SSR Comps w/ 235/40/17 Azenis

Here’s my autox (STX) and track setup. I thought I’d share some info and pics in case anyone else wanted to run this setup.

The wheels are 17x7.5 SSR Comps, ET37, 4x100. These wheels are fitted for the MINI Cooper S. I had to bore the aluminum centering ring 1mm (from 56.1mm to 57.1mm) and run a 12mm spacer on all 4 corners (along with 45mm lug bolts). The rear fenders are not rolled and so far no rubbing. The rear tires are pretty close to the rear fenders, so this weekend at the autox will be the true rub test. I could get away with running a smaller spacer in the rear, I’d prefer to not roll the rear fenders, however this too would do the trick.

As far as suspension goes, I’m running IE Stage 3 Race Springs, Koni S/A shocks, and ST sway bars. –2.5 degrees of camber and 0 toe in the front and –2.0 degrees of camber and 1/8” toe-in in the rear.

The tires are 235/40/17 Falken Azenis RT 615s.

EDIT: These wheels and tires are for sale. Check out the "for sale" thread for more information: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=98352

Last edited by Andy; 11-06-2007, 07:29 AM.
    - 1987 BMW 325is
    - 2002 BMW M3
    - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Great stance! They look awesome!

May I ask where you got your 12mm spacer? Custom?
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      Great stance! They look awesome!

May I ask where you got your 12mm spacer? Custom?
      Thank you.

I purchased the spacers from Tuner Motorsport. They are manufactured by H&R.
      - 1987 BMW 325is
      - 2002 BMW M3
      - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

nice.....I lke it a lot.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I don't normally like 17's but they look good on your car. Sitting on the ebrake makes it look you are tucking them. Put the car on level ground and take some pics of the stance and post please.

Any rubb issues while making lock to lock turns? ie inner fender wheel? or rubbing the rear shock? Most buys run itty bitty width 17's good to see some meat on them. You have traditional DD tires right?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Thank you.

I purchased the spacers from Tuner Motorsport. They are manufactured by H&R.
            How much did they cost ya?
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Well done, thanks for sharing, didnt think 17's would look good but they look awesome. How do they compare on the track to 16's, or 15's?
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

What are the weight on those wheels?

Looks Hot, love the SSRs
                Dan Zickel
                1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                  How much did they cost ya?
                  They are listed for $95 and can be found here.
                  Keep on Keepin' on.

Comment

oh snap! ill be there next year, once my r compounds are wasted im going to run STX in the lovely OVR, prolly those same tires too.

EDIT: Where do you live, area not exactly.

Originally posted by vlad
                    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Badass. Proof for all the naysayers that are always saying that you can't run Mini wheels on an E30.

Comment

Looking business. How do you like your RT-615s so far?
                        Trevor Ely
                        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

damn, looks beefy. very nice. thats the look im going for with my next set of wheels/tires.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                            Badass. Proof for all the naysayers that are always saying that you can't run Mini wheels on an E30.
                            Most naysayers say that they don't bolt on. Which they don't, without machining the center bore.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                              Sitting on the ebrake makes it look you are tucking them. Put the car on level ground and take some pics of the stance and post please.

Any rubb issues while making lock to lock turns? ie inner fender wheel? or rubbing the rear shock? Most buys run itty bitty width 17's good to see some meat on them. You have traditional DD tires right?
                              I’ll try and get some pics today on level ground. So far no rubbing at all, even lock to lock. Running the autox event this weekend should be the true test though. I use the M3 for my daily driver, this car is just for fun, but yes I do have a set of 14” basketweaves.

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                              Well done, thanks for sharing, didnt think 17's would look good but they look awesome. How do they compare on the track to 16's, or 15's?
                              I haven’t tracked it with this setup yet, this weekend will be the first autox event on them.

Originally posted by E30Driv3R View Post
                              What are the weight on those wheels?
                              Based on TireRack’s website, they are 13.3 lbs.

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                              oh snap! ill be there next year, once my r compounds are wasted im going to run STX in the lovely OVR, prolly those same tires too.
                              EDIT: Where do you live, area not exactly.
                              Will you be at the event this weekend? I live in New Albany and work in Hilliard.

Originally posted by bmwm3n528 View Post
                              How do you like your RT-615s so far?
                              They are fantastic, the grip level over the BFG KDW2s is night and day.
                              - 1987 BMW 325is
                              - 2002 BMW M3
                              - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X