No announcement yet.

E30 Convertible Hatch Flap Trim - Aftermarket Offering of NLA Trim Assemblies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Convertible Hatch Flap Trim - Aftermarket Offering of NLA Trim Assemblies

Hi everyone,

Recently I started offering a re-engineered version of the convertible top folding assemblies for E30 convertibles. The original trim pieces fail due to design flaws, age, and they aren't available anymore for an affordable price. My re-engineered assemblies use a stainless steel shaft and custom torsion spring to replace the flimsy plastic hinges on the originals. They are made out of ASA and are $130 Canadian for a set of two (Left and Right) which is about the same cost for only one side of the OEM part.

If you feel like supporting me, you can purchase them through my store at this link! I also have a few other parts listed there.
    We are proud to offer a re-engineered version of these E30 convertible trim pieces. The original trim pieces fail due to design flaws, age, and they are no longer available for an affordable price. Product Details: Features a factory style textured and matte finish. A stainless steel shaft replaces the flimsy plastic h

The "Left" Side Replaces OEM Part No: 51431945355
    The "Right" Side Replaces OEM Part No: 51431945356
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CalypsoBotter; 02-18-2023, 03:03 PM.

Just want to bump up this post. Bought a set of these several weeks ago and they’re pretty sweet. The design is a bit different from oem and seems like they’ll last a long time. The pattern on the top is different from oem too, but is fine in my opinion.

Comment

Necessity is the mother of invention - thumbs-up.
      E30 320i vert
      But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Glad I just found this, ordered them just now!

Comment

Just wanted to get on here for an update. Everything about this transaction was easy and great. Can't thank you enough Lars!
          Attached Files

Comment

Are these still available? Def need these!!
            TJ - Alpine 88' 325IC

sigpic

Comment

flamesone yes these are still available! I'm selling them along with many other unique E30 parts on my website bottermanufacturing.com

I just updated the link in the original post so it should work again!

Comment

Any chance you will make the other side of this - the piece without the flap?

Comment

stc4life I released the matching tonneau cover trims this year! You can find them at the link below:

We are thrilled to provide E30 convertible/cabrio enthusiasts with these re-engineered folding top tonneau cover replacement trim pieces. The original trim pieces often break on their outer corners and have issues with the mounting grommets degrading over time. We have addressed these issues in our re-engineered offeri

Comment

Originally posted by CalypsoBotter View Post
                    stc4life I released the matching tonneau cover trims this year! You can find them at the link below:

https://bottermanufacturing.com/prod...er-trim-pieces
                    Not all heros wear capes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not a vert owner, but it’s very nice to see reproductions of NLA pieces. Keep up the good work OP
                      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Working...
                      X