Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler: For Sale 1987 E30 325i vert (NY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: For Sale 1987 E30 325i vert (NY)

Here are some pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VWFKfXB32imVLKxw5. I bought it from a guy named Marc on Bimmerforums and I have his hand-kept records for a decade. I will say there are probably ~80k fewer miles than on the ODO after pulling a VIN report that showed 100k in one year which I doubt actually happened (my guess is a tach swap).

In the last 7 years (how long I've owned it) I've done 2-3k per year and stored it every winter. I've replaced the clutch and timing belt, done dist-cap/rotor every other year. I replaced the interior with cardinal red vinyl. I still have the hardtop but the lining was changed -- the midnight blue felt strange. I garage resprayed it with a retired painter -- it's okay (great from 90 feet) -- now that I'm not in grad school I plan to respray it professionally at some point if I keep it as a second car (at least the trunk lid anyway). In prep for paint, I fixed the mount of the trunk to be two-sided instead of one (common vert issue) and I replaced every piece of black trim with new pieces -- that was quite the scavenger hunt.

Anyway, my wife doesn't like going in a car with no airbags so it has gotten very little use. Now, we're expecting and after much painful deliberation, I don't really have a choice but to sell the vert and get something a little bit more practical (but hopefully still pretty fun). We just don't have the driveway space. Please -- if you've driven something from the last decade that was sensible and even close to the e30 let me know. I've had 4 E30s and two other disappointing cars (Saab 900s and a non-wrx Impreza).

Anyway, a buddy of mine wants the hardtop so that's not part of the sale unless I get an offer I can't say no to. Asking for $17k OBO for the vert. I'd happily drive it to deliver for the cost of a flight home!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20160810_195355.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	10034353
    Last edited by wcipolli; 03-05-2022, 07:37 AM. Reason: detail change

how much are you asking?
    1993 325iC
    1998 M3
    1987 535iS

Comment

In the advert -- 17k obo
      Last edited by wcipolli; 03-05-2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Nice Car. GLWS.
        Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

Thanks, Don! I appreciate it! I'm going to put it in storage next week. So this might get shelved until next spring.

Comment

That’s a really fair price for such a well sorted example. Shouldn’t take you long to get an offer. GLWS!

Comment

Bump. We have a newborn, and I'm supposed to try and sell my unsafe airbagless vert now that I'm taking it out of winter storage.

I did the timing belt, water pump, etc., last spring (full maintenance records are available). I also added a strut brace, a weighted shift knob, and a new Bosch battery. I'll do an oil change and inspection once it's out of storage.

I bumped the price down to 15k, which feels fairer since the e30 market is cooling off. I'm not dying to sell (original post is from 2021; please don't buy my car), but I will sell to the right buyer.

Comment

Working...
              X