For Sale - 1988 BMW 325ix 5-speed coupe - Huntington, NY -$4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale - 1988 BMW 325ix 5-speed coupe - Huntington, NY -$4000

Have decided to part ways with the iX, have owned her for 6 years with grandiose plans but with life, other projects and lack of garage space she’s going to have to go.

11/87 production car

Paint - Yes has paint, needs love, the hood was plastidipped by the previous owner and is fading. Paint chipping off the driver's side fender.

Interior - partially taken apart from various projects over the years/trying to find a leak getting into the cabin when it rains. There is a rust spot under the fuse box that is allowing water in. I have the missing pieces just haven’t put them back in yet. Carpet is pretty trashed up by the pedals the seats are Recaro's from an E21. Headliner is intact and rear seats are in decent condition. Radio has an aftermarket headunit installed by the previous owner. Never got it to work great, the majority of my speakers are blown/missing. Its hooked up to a large sub box in the trunk with an amp (if you want all of that I'll leave it in the car. I have no use for it).

Crack FREE dash!

Mechanical - engine runs strong, never had any issues with it. Thermostat was replaced when I got the car, alternator replaced shortly after. Steering rack was replaced with a refurbished one from rack doctor. Battery could be replaced, I have to jump the car every once in awhile.

Transfer case, passed the jack test when I bought it, haven’t done it since but pulled hard in the last snow storm it ventured out in.

Bilstein HD shocks all the way around with H&R sport springs. rotors/pads done, I believe Zimmerman rotors.

ABS light is on, has been intermittent. I have 3 ABS ecus and 2 extra ABS pumps and 2 overvoltage protection relays that I’ve collected over the years to swap/try out. - if you view my recent posts you can see my adventure chasing the ABS issue.

Gas tank was replaced (had a hole in it) and new hardline brake lines running from front to rear as well as fronts from the ABS pump to calipers.

Remus exhaust, actually like the way it sounds not terribly loud until you get on it.

*Rust issues - because we all know these things love rust. Typical spots under the battery tray, along the rocker panels and some on the fenders. Floor pans aren't terrible, no rot through as far as I can see, I'll add some photos with the carpet pulled back.
    The biggest issue is rust on the firewall behind the brakebooster and fusebox. This is where water is getting into the cabin. It seems to be isolated to that area and has not spread to the passenger side. I believe it can be patched without having to take the engine out.

Currently sitting on 14 inch basket weaves (I know not the iX 15’s) with ok tires. Have a full set of 14 inch bottle caps with barely used cooper snow tires on them as well that will be included.

Located in Huntington, NY
    Looking for $5500 obo

attaching a link to an album to view more photos, please feel free to ask for more pictures and videos or any questions.

Cheers!
    29 new photos added to shared album
    Last edited by Mvader; 11-16-2021, 08:51 AM.

Mint

Comment

Would this still be available? A email to follow up on?

Comment

Working...
      X